Kubota orange paint

/ Kubota orange paint
I have a question I just got a 3pt hitch wood splitter I sanded it all down to bare metal should I prim then use the Kubota paint or just the paint?

Since you are down to bare metal it would be best if you used a self etching primer.

For $40 a quart, I'd just buy the Kubota factory paint. You can get it for $38/qt. from some dealers.

Not all dealers carry quarts or gallons of paint.

/ Kubota orange paint #52  
Yes be sure to prime! Clean very well with prep solvent and use self etching primer. Reason for these 2 steps is because the splitter has oil on the unit along with old paint. The primer will do as the name sez and bite into the metal and old paint much better than a reg. primer. Then wait a day for primer to dry then scuff and paint.

Chris

/ Kubota orange paint #53  
Yes be sure to prime! Clean very well with prep solvent and use self etching primer. Reason for these 2 steps is because the splitter has oil on the unit along with old paint. The primer will do as the name sez and bite into the metal and old paint much better than a reg. primer. Then wait a day for primer to dry then scuff and paint. Chris

What kind of primer are we talking about? And I put on a degreaser to get rid of all the grease

/ Kubota orange paint #56  
Duplicolor will work. Just wanted to get the point across that paint hates oil. In other words you may get the paint to cover a little oil that was thought not left behind. And in a blink it will flake or peel right off. Prep, prep and prep again with oily parts or it will come back bite ya.

Chris