Kubota overheating.

/ Kubota overheating.
Yes from the front, but I added radiator fluid and its runnin as usual now!

/ Kubota overheating. #12  
Yes from the front, but I added radiator fluid and its runnin as usual now!

Sounds like you lost fluid with the first overheat (debris in radiator related) and then had subsequent overheating due to lack of adequate coolant. That is the best outcome.

Doesn't the Kubota have a reservoir for coolant next to the engine? I don't check mine daily but it does provide a safety reserve.

/ Kubota overheating. #13  
Next time, whether using water or air, always from the back. You have to work around the fan, but you always work the debris out from the way it came in. Blowing or hosing from the front can lodge debris in the radiator fins even worse.

/ Kubota overheating. #14  
If the tractor is cold (hasn't been started for awhile), you should be able to remove the radiator cap, then start the tractor and look into the radiator through the cap opening and observe the radiator fluid flowing. If it is, then you can be sure that the pump is working.

Only check it this way on a cold tractor.

The coolant will not flow in radiator until the coolant warms sufficiently to open thermostat.

/ Kubota overheating. #15  
Better yet get one of your teenagers to put their hand on it in case they get burned or mangled by the fan, kids heal faster. /QUOTE]

Is this for real?

/ Kubota overheating. #17  
I have a B3000. By reading through it and personnel experience I assume you steamed it. Ok on the cleaning of radiator etc. but the B series engines are the hardest to get trapped air out of the cylinder heads. My advice would be to park the tractor with the front wheels on car ramps. Fill the radiator and check it often during the day, it should start off taking water first 2 refills, after that I suggest leaving overnight and filling with water before backing off car ramps next day. See if that helps. What happens is the #4 cylinder has very little water around it so it steams off quick expanding and pushing water out the overflow bottle. If this does not fix your problem try a new larger radiator. Probably don't have much to loose trying it. If it helps you to consider what I say I am a Chief Engineer so engines are my life and career.

/ Kubota overheating. #18  
Welcome to TBN Rayobout. This is a very old thread but I hope you join more active discussions. Nice to have experienced engineers participate here on TBN.