Kubota paint color

/ Kubota paint color #1  

rtd

Tractor
Ford 3930 - Kubota L3430 - Kubota B2150 - YM155D
As I understand it, there was in the past, a problem with Kubota paint oxidizing. Kubota improved the paint but the color also changed slightly. Does anyone know when this change occurred?

I purchased Valspar 'Kubota Orange' and find that the color doesn't match. My tractor's (2004-4) color appears to be a little redder than the Valspar color, the Valspar paint appearing more orange.

Thanks

/ Kubota paint color #2  
Sounds like what you want is Kubota Orange Type II.
It changed sometime before 2002, that's all I can tell you.

/ Kubota paint color #3  
Search for paint in the Kubota forums, and you'll find lengthy discussions about color matching, etc. The Valspar paint, and one other brand that I forget, get bad reviews for quality. I think you'll find that those of use who have used the Kubota paint have been very happy with it. It sprays perfectly with a little thinning from xylene, and seems to hold up well! Any decent dealer can tell you what paint you need, but I think type II, or the "New" orange is it. Photo is a patch I painted on a fender, before buffing/smoothing masking lines. Sprays very nicely, as maybe you can see?

P1010520.jpg

/ Kubota paint color #4  
I pulled the side cover off mine and took it to Menards, they used it to custom mix rustoleum. You could also take the hood or fender off if that's what you're trying to match. They have a hand held color scanner now, so they don't have to try to get the part under a little sensor on the paint machine.

/ Kubota paint color #5  
I was just looking on amazon and sounds like the type 2 is lighter/brighter shade than type 1. I'll get some of each and paint the snowblower with the mismatch color. They have krylon and rustoleum. Tractor supply has brush-on paint for kubotas. Not sure if it's dark, light, oil base, acrylic enamel or what.