Kubota parts and obsolesence

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #11  
Sure was a good thing he couldn't get it for the tractor as he would have been disappointed with it for the money and time to install. If it would have been anything they would probably still have it available. Whole goods attachments like this are often run out with the line. That is with all makes that they do this. It would have been interesting to see if the parts for the kit would be available.

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #12  
Earlier this year when I was trying to decide what to buy I visited a blue tractor dealer. He told me that Kubota was a "throw away" tractor! This got me quite upset as I was almost sure that I wanted to buy orange. I sent this information to TBN forum and it generated a lively response. After 89 hours now on my B7500 I have absolutely no reservations about my decision. I guess some guys have no confidence in their products and have to resort to scare tactics to move their tractors.

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #13  
Re: Kubota parts and obsolescence

Everything today is a throw away product, it is just how long it will last before you have to throw it away..... if it is a Mercedes, then the throw away point might be 500,000 miles. It it is a Yugo, then it is 50,000 miles. You pay for what you get and generally, the more you pay, the better the quality. Forty years ago, I wouldn't give you a plugged nickle for any Japanese vehicle, but today, they are manufacturing some of the best vehicles that the motoring world has ever seen. Even Detroit had to learn hard and difficult lessons from them. In the 1950's & 60's the US led the world in quality and quantity. Today, profits come first and quality leaves a lot to be desired. I will say that Detroit is starting to catch up, but it is still going to be a long time before they will be back to where they were in the 1950's & 60's. This same analogy applies to tractors also... Just my opinion..... yours may be differant...

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #14  
I would stay away from any dealer who resorts to negative comments which are largely unsubstantiated in order to sell their product. Rather, seek a dealer who sells his product on it's own merits. That applies to Kubota dealers as well who might be negative to other products like Kioti. WHY?, you ask, because I figure that is a sure sign of lack of character and that lack of character may become more important to you if there is a problem. All tractors can have problems, none are perfect, a good dealer who will stand with his prodcut and back it up and that is what you want--a liar probably will not do that when you need him and that may in the end be more important than the color/brand of tractor you buy. I figure any of the main stream brands should serve you well. I like Kubotas best overall but in some catagories I would likely go with a NH or JD and be feeling very good about it. Good luck. J

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #15  
Rover: this is a forwhatit'worth post- when I decided I needed and wanted power steering on my old B8200 last winter, I found, pretty quickly via the internet, a Kubota dealer that was offering the original kits... I got one, and saw that it was a mix of Kubota Japanese made parts and US sourced hydraulic goodies, all assembled into a kit by Kubota of America in California. I have since noticed that the tractors that came with factory power steering use a different means for the same effect.

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence
Kelvin,
I am around Atlanta. There are many Kubota dealers. One near me is quite large and the folks seem nice. I was originally looking at a B7800HSD. I had seen the Long dealer and stopped to look (much smaller dealer) and drove the Long 390HSD (had draft control and standard remotes (offered to me at 17,250 with the bottom line loader. Size and Power wise, I guess its really more comparable to the L3810. I have not gotten a quote on it from the Kubota dealer - I am pretty sure it will be much higher - - I really felt like the Long guy was shooting straight with me - or maybe he really believed what he was saying even if its wrong.. Anyway I still have some thinking and shopping to do
Thansks,
Floyd/
aka fwc

Art - thanks much for the reply - you being a dealer, I appreciate the input cuz if the implications made were true, you certainly would be in a postion to know. The reason I looked first at Kubota, was because I thought they had a big distribution point here in GA and I figured parts and support would/should be good. I know my neighbor worked one nearly everyday while I live next to him. He was nealy eighty - I think the Kubota kept him alive.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tnx,
Floyd/fwc

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #18  
Rover,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The dealer said that he could not get a PS unit for the tractor anymore because Kubota had discontinued them. )</font>

I would venture to say that the dealer meant to say that Kubota had discontinued the Power Steering "KIT". Again, based upon my experience with other Kubota systems (mowers, tillers, FELs), individual part are generally available.

I would therefore guess that if you knew the Kubota part number...
(1) the power steering unit itself would probably be available
(2) the power steering hydraulic hoses would be available
(3) the power steering mounting brackets MIGHT be available
(4) any other parts that were part of the original kit might be available.

I have seen some instances where some minor parts (bolts, nuts, common bearings) have been discontinued and the Kubota answer is to "obtain the part locally". In each instance I have not had a problem obtaining the part locally.

Kelvin

/ Kubota parts and obsolesence #19  
Floyd,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am around Atlanta. )</font>
Thanks. I wasn't trying to be too nosy. I currently live North of you, but grew up South of you (Sylvester, GA...near Albany) and for some reason had the feeling that you were from that part of Georgia.

Regarding the Long tractors, I know almost nothing about them. I have a Kubota B2910 which is same size & HP as the B7800 that you are considering so I might be of some help there.

Kelvin

Kelvin,
Thanks - after reading the brochures and some of the discussion here was going to get a quote from my dealer on the B2910 as well as the 7800HSD. I liked some of the features on the B2910. He told me IT was being discontinued. I guess things are always changing. I liked the creature comforts and extendable lower links...The have incorporated cruise control on the B7800HSD now ..

Are you happy with the size of the 2910
The thing that made me think I might want "bigger " was reading this:

7800/2910/L3130

ARe you pleased with the size of the 2910? I know it would certainly be more manuaverable
Thanks for the input.

Floyd/fwc