Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #1  

jhendric

Tractor
none
I know this is old news, but $540 for a tie rod and $80 for a hub oil seal?!? I'm going to have to roll the dice in the aftermarket.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #2  
I have 2 older Ford tractors and I use aftermarket parts often. I am careful not to buy any that are "too cheap", and I usually get pretty good parts. Several times they come from Amazon and other times from Steiner or Tisco Tractor Parts or other stores. I look for the better price and shipping costs when I buy.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #3  
For a tie rod end I’d probably check Kubota and online but for an oil seal, I don’t think would even think to go to Kubota. That kind of thing I buy from a local bearing supplier by part number if it’s legible or by dimensions. Same for bearings.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #4  
I have 2 older Ford tractors and I use aftermarket parts often. I am careful not to buy any that are "too cheap", and I usually get pretty good parts. Several times they come from Amazon and other times from Steiner or Tisco Tractor Parts or other stores. I look for the better price and shipping costs when I buy.
I don't yet know of an aftermarket source for Kubota parts. What I do is look up the part number on a parts diagram and then do a google search for that number. Surprising how often that works. It often leads to someone on Ebay.

You got me thinking that someday our Kubota will be an older tractor like our old JDs and Fords are now. I hope when that day comes that we can get good aftermarket replacement parts for our Kubota like we can today for the older US tractors.

A person can pretty much rebuild everything that wears out on an old American made tractor from aftermarket sources. All the parts I've ordered so far have been good quality.
rScotty

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #5  
For the OP:

Just curious what model Kubota this is for ?

Reason I ask is I just looked up pricing for the tie rod ends for my tractor (B2910) at my local dealer.

$62.03 (each)

Edit: Never mind … I figured it out.

Last edited:
   / Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #6  
Unsure of what side of tractor tie rod is broken and what's broken the adjustable end/ joint, actual rod? Anyways saved a boatload of cash, time, and fixed my tractor in a hurry in the middle of nowhere by going to a knowledgeable parts 15 miles away not the Kubota place 100 miles away, that carquest provides aftermarket parts not only for cars and trucks but the logging industry up north. They promptly ordered it I think it was a moog replacement tie rod end with the correct threads similar length this aftermarket one even had a grease fitting original OEM Kubota joint i broke did not. I took the old one in they measured compared and cross referenced what I needed stand up parts shop that I used to expect , now hope for. Ten years and counting, still solid minus a rip in the dust cover which is my fault for driving thru evergreen trees. Just grease more frequently lol.

Attachments

• KIMG2479.JPG
    KIMG2479.JPG
    973 KB · Views: 44
   / Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control
My tractor is an older L4310 the tie rod is bent on both sides of the adjusting rod/nut/thing. I found a replacement at Worthington and Reliable for $285. I'll probably go that route. Thanks for listening to me whine.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #8  
If you want a shocker try buying NH parts. Long lead times and 2x more expensive before covid was my experience.

Buying cheap knock off mystery parts isn't the solution to inflation.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #9  
It's not just Kubota. :(

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #10  
I don't yet know of an aftermarket source for Kubota parts. What I do is look up the part number on a parts diagram and then do a google search for that number. Surprising how often that works. It often leads to someone on Ebay.

You got me thinking that someday our Kubota will be an older tractor like our old JDs and Fords are now. I hope when that day comes that we can get good aftermarket replacement parts for our Kubota like we can today for the older US tractors.

A person can pretty much rebuild everything that wears out on an old American made tractor from aftermarket sources. All the parts I've ordered so far have been good quality.
rScotty
Agreed.

Millions of Ford tractors were made so aftermarket suppliers are ubiquitous and many parts are quite inexpensive.

Not so with Kubota and other current manufacturers and I would not expect things to change in the future.

Yes, parts seem expensive but one is not paying for parts, but rather, convenience.

Marketing 101.