Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #11  
Buying cheap knock off mystery parts isn't the solution to inflation.
Only going to get worse, not better and you know who to thank for that. Just bought a SSQA attachment for an LA 364 loader (that I will install for a good friend) as well as a skeleton SSQA plate for his bucket and it was 750 bucks from Kubota. 2 years ago it was 500 for both and with items like that, I prefer not to buy aftermarket (though ATI makes one as well and I have both the ATI version as well as the OEM version on my units).

Today you have the choice between quality OEM parts or import parts of questionable quality. I know which way I go, you may be different but be apprised that the cheap import parts may not last.

I will say on Kubota tie rod ends, the OEM parts won't come greaseable whereas the aftermarket parts will probably come with grease fittings installed. I've drilled and tapped the OEM ends in the past to allow them to be greased. Not into sealed for life fittings on tractors at all and never have been. Life can be short or long depending.......

if you think Kubota parts have went up, stop by a local green dealer and price their offerings if you want sticker shock.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #12  
Agreed.

Millions of Ford tractors were made so aftermarket suppliers are ubiquitous and many parts are quite inexpensive.

Not so with Kubota and other current manufacturers and I would not expect things to change in the future.

Yes, parts seem expensive but one is not paying for parts, but rather, convenience.

Marketing 101.
I've been saying for years that the parts business is a complete rip off regardless of maker, and that the reason we have a bazillion different models and they change every couple years is that the makers don't want any more 8n type tractors that are numerous enough to make 3rd parties interested in making parts. They don't want us holding tractors for 20 years anyway, and insane parts prices are incentives to trade 'er in and get hooked in on a new one.

/ Kubota Parts Pricing out of Control #13  
Parts of every brand are expensive. Sure it’s partly the age old problem of they have it and you need it but it’s also complicated and expensive to catalog and stock parts.