Buying Advice Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #41  
Dodge, Hang on to that spade. it is a collectors item now. Twice as much steel, wider and stronger than the new ones..Plus it has performed perfectly, now if you can just pass it on..

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #43  
Friends:

If you have already purchased a Kubota, you have my most sincere sympathy - if / when you need it!

If you have not purchased a Kubota yet, please read on and make your buying decision accordingly.

I purchased my L3300 new in 1994. It has been shed kept and well maintained. It presently has less than 1600 hours on it. The following are the issues that I have had with my Kubota:

1. My L3300 was recalled in 1996 by Kubota to replace a defective front axle holder which could have resulted in the front axle dislodging (per Kubota letter).
2. While the tachometer is indicating 540 RPM rear PTO speed, the rear PTO
is actually running at about 400 +/- RPM. I discovered this fact while attempting to build a PTO generator in 1999. (I reported this to Kubota at that time.)
3. I replaced both of the front axle seals.
4. The seat pan of my tractor is rusted apart. I will need to purchase another seat.
5. I have had to superglue one of the rear tail lights back into position since one of the plastic 'screw bosses' has broken loose. The other tail light is loose and vibrating.
6. Oil was leaking from around the rear PTO shaft.
7. The rear PTO locked into the running position. The cable shifter moved the transmission lever, but the rear PTO would not disengage.

Repair #7 cost me about $1000.00 The machine had to be split to replace a �*ragile snap ring which keeps the spring loaded front clutch from shifting into the rear clutch plate. The rear PTO will run continuously until the snap ring is replaced.

After numerous phone calls and emails with Kubota Corporation, their (regional?) sales manager identified the snap ring failure as a 蜒ァaintenance cost item that I was responsible to address. Can anyone tell me how a snap ring inside the tractor housing and immersed in hydraulic oil is a maintenance item?

Anyone who has had to perform the rear PTO repair mentioned above, please let me know.

The repair of items 3 and 6 cost about $400.

So, as you make your decision as to what brand of tractor to buy, please take into consideration what I have told you above.

Good Luck!

How much did you spend on your car repairs in the same time period.
1600 hrs is equal to about 72,000 miles on a car so you haven't had any car repairs in that time frame?

tom

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #45  
I'll try and tough it out and hang on to that spade, it is kind of a high maintance item, I just wish I knew who made it, that way I could steer other people on this board away from that brand.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #46  
now this post takes the cake nuff said.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #47  
That scale of repair over 17 years is completely normal of every brand. Even industrial equipment worked lightly needs more repair than that by 17 years. 600,000$ brand new Cat dozers got recalled a few years ago, had to go back into the shop for a week to have all new wiring harness fitted. Farm tractors have normal wear and tear issues too.

I've had great luck with my Kubota in the 1300 hours so far, won't discourage me from getting another.

Folks:

For those of you who are Kubota lovers, more power to you! I am truly sorry about hurting your feelings.

I was once a Kubota fan until I endured a long history of defects with My
L3300. Peruse the internet and witness all the other unforunate people out there who have had the same and other issues with Kubota.

I understand normal wear and tear. I'm an engineer. I own a farm and have many other types of farm and construction machinery. I have never had these types of issues with my John Deere, Case, and Caterpiller products.

Yeah, my machine is 17 years old. But, it has only 1600 (easy) hours of sickle bar and bush hog mowing. From my experience and training, 3000 hours is usually a key number when you can expect to start expecting normal wear and tear issues to arise with industrial equipment.

For those of you who are staunch Kubota supporters and are dying to own a utility tractor that looks great, my L3300 is now properly fixed and up for sale.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #48  
I'm a thinkin we all been played here. Time to to let this one die.:ashamed:

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #49  
We all obviously need spring to come really soon. :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.