Price Check Kubota pricing

/ Kubota pricing #1  

wildcatfan

First post since joining yesterday. Looking for a smaller Kubota for small farm and planting hunting plots.
Looked in the classifieds and noted 2 Kubotas. Both had low hours and came with several attachments, one a 2008 L3400 (Asking price $4500), the second is a 2007 L3940 (asking price $5200). Both seem to be great deals, almost too good.
Both tractors were listed in for sale in Houston.

Anyone have any information on either of these or know the seller (s)?
Thanks in advance

/ Kubota pricing #3  
Be careful. My guess is that the next step is to tell you that the deal will be handled by ebay. It's a scam!!

/ Kubota pricing #4  
They are both scams unless your dropping a 1 in front of those numbers and even that may not be right..

/ Kubota pricing #6  
What is the scam? How do they scam selling through E-bay?

/ Kubota pricing #7  
Those prices are off by almost 10K and you ask "What's the scam"?

It's about getting your deposit and you never getting a thing. Another scam is to get your information, address, phone number, etc for identity theft. Mess with the tar baby and you're gonna get stuck.

/ Kubota pricing #8  
I saw those ads with an area code in Minnesota. I responded that I had cash and lived in Houston- I wanted to see the tractors- and never heard back from them.
Go to an Ebay discussion forum and they will tell you those sellers are probably in Nigeria. I then googled around and found that one of the sellers also tried selling a boat or jet ski in California for an "unreal price."

Buyer beware

/ Kubota pricing #9  
First post since joining yesterday. Looking for a smaller Kubota for small farm and planting hunting plots.
Looked in the classifieds and noted 2 Kubotas. Both had low hours and came with several attachments, one a 2008 L3400 (Asking price $4500), the second is a 2007 L3940 (asking price $5200). Both seem to be great deals, almost too good.
Both tractors were listed in for sale in Houston.

Anyone have any information on either of these or know the seller (s)?
Thanks in advance

He did not say they were on Ebay.

/ Kubota pricing #10  
Those same deals have shown up on Craigslist. Just for giggles I responded that I wanted to personally see the tractor/attachments and pay in person with cash.

The response was an obvious form letter telling me that the payment would be handled through eBay and then the equipment would be "shipped to my door". Right. eBay doesn't do business like that.

Oh, and the lady was selling the items because she was a widow whos husband was killed in Iraq.

Even more interestingly, the identical pictures showed up on a different sounding ad with a slightly different price several weeks later. At least the scammers could use new pictures.