Kubota Purchase

/ Kubota Purchase #1  

Giles

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota B2320---Wheelhorse lawn mower--- Case 480D Backhoe
I have received confusing information pretaining to PTO operation of different Kubota tractors. I think the PTO operation is different between the standard transmission and the hydrostat model and that is what is confusing. I have talked to two different dealers and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
I am interested in a tractor like the B2320 or B2620 or an L3400.
I do not want a tractor without what I call 'Live PTO"
I have owned several older MF and Ford tractors where the PTO power would stop when the clutch was released. ( NO two stage clutch)
What does "transmission operated with overrun clutch" mean? To me, this means that it is not live and the overrun clutch serves as a safty devise to stop momentum of operating equipment from pushing the tractor---Like the "clicker" that we installed on older tractors without Live PTO.
Could someone explain how the PTO operation is controlled with these smaller tractors?

/ Kubota Purchase #2  
The Kubotas that I have have independent PTO controlled by a lever and are separate from the transmission. I can start the pto stopped or moving. Here is some good reading on PTO operation and type at TRACTORSMART Then go to the "INFO" tab, then go to the "TRACTOR POWER TAKE OFF" tab. This may help explain some of different types and how they work.

/ Kubota Purchase #3  
Good link. I remember people being confused by the phrase "Hydraulic Independent PTO"... almost made it sound as if there's a separate hyd. motor running the PTO, instead of really just the clutch pack. TractorSmart explains it all pretty clearly. :thumbsup: Wouldn't kill them to add a few simple diagrams though. :p

/ Kubota Purchase
The Kubotas that I have have independent PTO controlled by a lever and are separate from the transmission. I can start the pto stopped or moving. Here is some good reading on PTO operation and type at TRACTORSMART Then go to the "INFO" tab, then go to the "TRACTOR POWER TAKE OFF" tab. This may help explain some of different types and how they work.
THANKS for the link---It completely answers my question:thumbsup: