Loader Kubota quick attach - SSQA ???

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ???
Well I pulled the trigger on the 42" from palletfork.com. Could not beat the price ($524 w/ free shipping). Maybe not quite as nice as the Bradco's I was looking at, but those were $750 plus tax to buy locally. Should work out fine, 3-5 business days to arrive so I'll post my thoughts when I have a chance to try them out a bit. Thanks to everyone that responded.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #12  
k0ua said:
Yes you are good to go with SSQA

James K0UA

Is this true for all the Kubota quick attach loaders? Say the LA844 for example? Is there only one QA system/size?

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #13  
Is this true for all the Kubota quick attach loaders? Say the LA844 for example? Is there only one QA system/size?

No I don't think so.. I believe the La 844 is SSQA, but some of the smaller older B series that had a QA are a proprietary Kubota design. and NOT SSQA.

Oh I didn't answer the other half of your question. Yes SSQA is All same size. but when you get into really BIG tractors. I don't think they can use SSQA standards.. I get a little fuzzy about how they work.
James K0UA

Last edited:
   / Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #14  
To modify just a bit on what I said, all SSQA are the same.. well like all standards the SSQA standard has a tolerance built in and all manufactures may or may not hold their tolerances as tight as they should. We have seen several reports of SSQA compatible attachments, especially grapples not fitting too well. In some cases they have fallen off and broken hoses and or twisted the SSQA adaptors on the tractor. Some manufactures have recommended adding shims to solve the fit problem and some have shipped them to the owners and even paid a small amount to have them welded on. I have 3 SSQA attachments. One is a Kubota factory bucket (althouth it did not come on my tractor) the other is just a SSQA plate I welded on my old pin on bucket and the other is a set of pallet forks. They all fit very tightly. but in each case I tested them when I got them by pulling and pushing to see how much "slop" there was in the fitup. I would not hesitate to weld on shims if they did not fit tight..

James K0UA

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #15  
SSQA is available in all tractors, make and model ... just have to be sure the SSQA is compatable with your given loader model # ... say for example you have the standard JD hook and pin, you can in fact buy an aftermarket SSQA for your given loader make and model.

kOua makes a good point about not fitting so well ... if the mfgr has the correct SSQA spec's it will match and not have to worry about "not fitting so well" ... the mfgr's who offer shims, did not match the SSQA spec's when they built the product. He is right ... do not hesitate to weld in the shims ... I have seen them where as much as a 1/2" plate needs to be added to the bottom of the SSQA ... the degree of angle as well as the top to bottom measurement must be correct.

Now for a whole new ball game ... this is true for both ends ... #1 the unit on the FEL must in fact be SSQA and the recieving end on the equipment must as well be SSQA ... not every aftermarket SSQA either FEL or Atatchment side will be to spec's ... so in either case always check them out. In time this will faze it self out (maybe) cause we will get tired of buying non matching products.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #16  
Well I pulled the trigger on the 42" from palletfork.com. Could not beat the price ($524 w/ free shipping). Maybe not quite as nice as the Bradco's I was looking at, but those were $750 plus tax to buy locally. Should work out fine, 3-5 business days to arrive so I'll post my thoughts when I have a chance to try them out a bit. Thanks to everyone that responded.

That's the set I'm looking at. I have no use for them for several months (the snow blower and sub frame will not be coming off the tractor until April).

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ???
I have some other uses planned but mainly got them to try and switch my firewood storage over to the homemade pallet racks as mentioned in other threads. Like everyone else I'm trying to minimize the number of times I have to handle the firewood from cutting to burning.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #18  
I bought a set of those forks and they fit very sloppy. I thought it was just an annoyance, but they actually fell off during use.
On the plus side, they were very eager to make it right, and gave me an allowance to make the fitment repair.
I have attached images of the gap I had.
I didn't like the suggestion to weld onto the bottom, so installed a 1/2" spacer at the top of the quick attach. (2nd picture taken during trial fit)
Fits just right now, the bevel of the locking pin makes contact halfway down the face.

CIMG0668.JPG

CIMG0801.JPG

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #19  
So it sounds like they are the same "general" configuration, but not necessarily all 100% compatible. I don't mind welding on some shims as needed, I was more interested in whether or not they are compatible systems. I really never would have guessed that the skid steer attachments would have fit a Kubota. However, I did go to the Bobcat dealer to get adapters and teeth for my bucket...

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #20  
Oh yeah, now that I got them to fit, I'm really liking the quick attach feature. It is so easy to change from forks to bucket.
And the forks are incredibly useful. Don't know how I would have cleaned up after the ice storm without them.

CIMG0800.JPG