Kubota regened again today

/ Kubota regened again today #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
I'm 33 hours into ownership of the 2018 MX5200 Kubota. She called for 15-20 minutes of 2200 rpms and spewed out a big ole cloud of crap o_O
While I was waiting - I googled how often should the tractor call for regen. And I read every 15-20 hours depending...I was about 30 hours past my last regen.
Question is how often does your tractor regen and what rpm do you run at. I usually run at 1500 rpms because that's all that is needed for the light work I've been doing. BUt I read i'm supposed to be running higher rpms - seems wasteful of fuel and motor service life. What say you TBN ?

/ Kubota regened again today #2  
My tractor runs ~ 1900 rpm most of the time - that's where I get 540 rpm on the PTO when using EPTO. How often does it regenerate? Couldn't give you an exact figure. Unlike yours that "spews out a big ole cloud of crap", I never know when mine is regenerating unless I see the regen light on in the dash. No difference in how the tractor sounds or operates so I'm sure there are times it goes through the regen process and I didn't know. 500+ hours on the tractor now.

But yes, if you have a Tier 4 diesel you have to keep the rpms up and listen to the engine sing. Took me a while to get used to it. But that's still cheaper than having to have the DPF professionally cleaned because I didn't run the tractor hard enough to keep the DPF cleaned out. Maybe that "big ol cloud of crap" was built up because your engine didn't get hot enough to keep things clean?

/ Kubota regened again today #3  
I say nothing because it don't pertain to me but like I said elsewhere, [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] says at least 2500 regens before replacement or cleaning of the DPF cannister. In my view the whole scenario is a waste of fuel and wear and tear on the engine. The gummit is ALWAYS right. Just ask them.

/ Kubota regened again today #4  
I'm 33 hours into ownership of the 2018 MX5200 Kubota. She called for 15-20 minutes of 2200 rpms and spewed out a big ole cloud of crap o_O
While I was waiting - I googled how often should the tractor call for regen. And I read every 15-20 hours depending...I was about 30 hours past my last regen.
Question is how often does your tractor regen and what rpm do you run at. I usually run at 1500 rpms because that's all that is needed for the light work I've been doing. BUt I read i'm supposed to be running higher rpms - seems wasteful of fuel and motor service life. What say you TBN ?
You are not running your engine hard enough. If you want to reduce the frequency of your regens, you have to run it at higher rpms. 1500 rpms won't cut it. I understand what you mean about not needing more rpms for the task your working on, but the emissions system needs more rpms to run cleaner and run the filter hotter. The hotter (within reason) your filter gets, the less often it will regen.

I no longer have any concerns on my own system (different design than yours) because mine is completely removed. Now I can operate at whatever rpm I think is required to perform the task at hand, and to hang with all the emissions B.S. You have my sympathy.

/ Kubota regened again today #5  
I run mine at 700 rpms, oh that's right I have a 11 year old tractor with shuttle shift and a fuel pedal. I only increase the rpms when I need to. Wouldn't trade my tractor for a new one even up.

Jeff

/ Kubota regened again today #6  
You are not running your engine hard enough. If you want to reduce the frequency of your regens, you have to run it at higher rpms. 1500 rpms won't cut it. I understand what you mean about not needing more rpms for the task your working on, but the emissions system needs more rpms to run cleaner and run the filter hotter. The hotter (within reason) your filter gets, the less often it will regen.

I no longer have any concerns on my own system (different design than yours) because mine is completely removed. Now I can operate at whatever rpm I think is required to perform the task at hand, and to hang with all the emissions B.S. You have my sympathy.
The issue with that is, once you do that, it's yours forever.

/ Kubota regened again today #7  
The issue with that is, once you do that, it's yours forever.
I never intended anything different.

And guys are paying "big money" for non Tier 4 tractors (and no, it's not for sale).

/ Kubota regened again today #8  
You might not be able to trade it in but I bet tons of people would happily buy deleted tractor and the other half wouldn't even know if it's been deleted or not.

/ Kubota regened again today #9  
I never intended anything different.

And guys are paying "big money" for non Tier 4 tractors (and no, it's not for sale).
Plus in our case it can go back to factory at anytime. I can do mine in about 30 minutes or less.

/ Kubota regened again today #10  
In general, just try and run the machine at higher RPM (oh 1800 ish minimum). As far as the frequency…it really depends on conditions and operation. When it wants to regen, just let it and keep working the machine. No reason to stop on a Kubota.