Kubota - "Ride the Bull"

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #51  
Aaron, don't bring logic to my fun little world :)
I am not sure how logical it would be to mow your lawn with a discmower on a 9000 series Deere... It would be hard to avoid mowing the flowerbeds and such. :D

Aaron Z

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #52  
I mow my lawn with my 10 ft disc mower conditioner most of the summer. 3 passes in 2 minutes vs 3 hours on the push mower.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #53  
I have a BX2660, and spent several hours tilling with it Sunday.

To say it was bumpy is an understatement, its like sailing a small boat in choppy water, but that's because it's:

Little (96" LOA)
short wheelbase (55")
lightweight (1400 lbs fueled)
narrow (42" max, 36" track) machine

which is why I bought it after all, a traditional row crop machine couldn't negotiate my vineyard without taking out the vines on 6' center trellis.

add in a 458 lbs RTR1250 tiller running in heavy clay hanging 24" off the backend (did I mention I left the 220 lbs of front end weights in the truck?) and the front end understeers, front wheels spin without diff lock on overlapping stripes and it just beats you up if you fight it. :confused2:

But the field is tilled and 1/2 seeded, it ripped out some buried fence wires so smoothly I didn't notice till I hoisted it up and the retired property owner was willing to finish the job, so I don't have to charge him for my time, just the tractor's.

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull" #54  
regarding the seatbelt just getting tighter and tighter, I have that happen also and simply use a 99cent plastic spring clamp to clamp on the seatbelt when it is comfortable. When I am done on the tractor, I remove the clamp.

Came to say the same thing. This cheap clamp has saved me tons of discomfort. Every bounce the seat belt would get tighter, and tighter.
2623531-plastic-clamp-over-a-white-surface.jpg

/ Kubota - "Ride the Bull"
Good idea. Wonder when Kubota is going to figure that out. Along with sealing the voids behind the instrument panel to keep the mice out.

Bandit