kubota rtv 1100 hydraulic problems

/ kubota rtv 1100 hydraulic problems #1  

01hunter570

Bronze Member
I know this isn't a tractor, hope no one on here is upset about asking questions about an rtv. my Kubota 1100 last winter started leaking hydraulic fluid thru the metal plate on the bottom of the machine ,.mid way of the machine. it wasn,t a hard leak, at first I thought it was just that snow had accumulated up under the plate and water mixed with oil that had been spilled down on the plate were melting out. the next time I plowed the power steering went, the cargo box won't raise and the plow won't angle. I took the plate off the bottom expecting to see a broken hose, but no. I can see a probably 5 gal. metal tank in there with metal lines coming out of it that looks like a hydraulic tank but I can't find any way to put hyd oil in it. this tank is located just beyond the fuel tank about midway of the machine. anyone out there have any info for me, I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here. thank you in advance for any info 01hunter570

/ kubota rtv 1100 hydraulic problems #2  
Don't know if your 1100 is like my 900, but you have to raise the bed and put the hydraulic oil in the yellow plug/dipstick on top of the transmission.
Should be able to put the lever in "float" and pick the bed up manually.

/ kubota rtv 1100 hydraulic problems #3  
I have a 900 also, there is the hydraulic tank, under the passenger side seat, and under the seat storage, it has a rubber grommet plug you have to pull to get to that dipstick fill area. It is forward of the gas tank, would think it's the same as yours.

/ kubota rtv 1100 hydraulic problems
thank you for all the responses. I have tried to reply for several days but couldn't leave message for some reason. found the fill plug and dipstick under tool tray beneath seat as stated. whenever I have a problem I turn to this site for info. thank you to all the knowledgeable people who give so freely of their knowledge. sincerely 01hunter570

/ kubota rtv 1100 hydraulic problems #5  
I received some updated info for my manual from the dealer. It was more of a tech update about the hyd tank/transmission filling procedure, along with the filters etc. My manual says it's just for the X-900, and X-1120. But possibly for other X models too. I replaced the oil in the tank and the transmission at 200 hours, the transmission oil was definitely dirtier as it has no filters. The hyd tank oil was nice and clean, so the filters were working.

Attachments

• 15583642958687607562174100239993.jpg
    15583642958687607562174100239993.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 357
Last edited: