Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues.

/ Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues. #1  

plasmaguy

Tractor
IH 1026
Hello everyone. My Kubota is having fueling problems. My first diagnosis was that cam driven transfer pump had failed. Machine has 2,900 hours. I replaced it and problem solved. Several months passed and the issues came back. I tried an electric 12V transfer pump and problem solved.
Now as you're guessing the problem has re-surfaced a third time now. A retired diesel mechanic, Detroit, Cummin, CAT , guy is say I need to measure to pressure on the discharge side of the injection pump. Don't have the gauges required and may take to the dealer.

I wanted to ask on this forum beforehand.

Thank you all.

Tom

/ Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues. #2  
The inj pump only needs 6-8 psi to operate correctly..
The supply pumps seem rather cheap to buy..
Do u run the tank dry often.?
THAT would ruin a pump before it’s time..

/ Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues. #4  
I’m trying to figure out WHY the electric pumps are failing.. R they cheap 10.00 pumps from China.??
R the pistons seizing up from lack of lubrication.?? Or the diaphragm tearing for the same reason.??

/ Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues.
I’m trying to figure out WHY the electric pumps are failing.. R they cheap 10.00 pumps from China.??
R the pistons seizing up from lack of lubrication.?? Or the diaphragm tearing for the same reason.??
Chinesieum pumps

Update time. I installed a new electric transfer pump and in have no fuel exiting the injectors.
The fuel solenoid is new also.

The only thing I think that can have failed is the injection pump.

Attachments

• Kubotainjectionpump.jpg
    Kubotainjectionpump.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 31
   / Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues. #8  
Is there an air bleeding procedure on this model?
No fuel out 1 injector or all injectors?
Are you certain the solenoid is activating?
Did you disconnect the feed line at the injection pump to make sure you are getting fuel to the injection pump from the transfer pump?

/ Kubota RTV 1140 transfer pump issues. #9  
Yup.. as MTGREEN ASKED, MAKE SURE u have fuel UP TO the inj pump.. put the throttle in the wide open throttle position and crank the engine..
U can leave the steel lines off of the pump.
Let us know what happens..
Good luck

Yup.. as MTGREEN ASKED, MAKE SURE u have fuel UP TO the inj pump.. put the throttle in the wide open throttle position and crank the engine..
U can leave the steel lines off of the pump.
Let us know what happens..
Good luck
Thanks guys.

I have fuel coming to the pump. I will check tomorrow and report back.