Kubota RTV and CAR Accident.

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #91  
Everyone needs to step back from the "legally blind" route and understand what that means. I am sure all states DMV's have different standards when it comes to granting a license due to a visual challenge. People use it in terms like the person visually challenged is not functional. Thus, they cannot get a operators license. You can fail a DMV vision test, and go to a doctor and have them sign off on your vision in a lot of states.

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #92  
From the first post the story has changed to favor the OP's brother.
WOULD YOU LIKE A LEGALLY BLIND PERSON BE ON THE ROAD WITH YOUR WIFE OR KIDS.
The only thing legal here is his blindness.
I would say I drive on the roads with 'millions' of legally blind people.

His brother can see.- He has a job!

I must be missing something here!:confused:
NO LICENCE
POOR VISION
NOT LEGAL ACCORDING TO STATE LAW AS FOR THE USE OF THE VIECHLE
all caps, eyes?
OP said he checked the law very carefully, and could find no problems, yet it took me 3 min to find the Ohio laws that says it's not legal.
The OP also posted the state laws for Ohio.- I'm sure he knows them better than you.- He was legal to be on the road, but you can't understand it!

Sorry if it's against the law to drive a UTV/RTV or ATV in your state.-We can't help you, but we enjoy it in my state!

Low Bucket; what's your opinion on this statement? How would you feel with a blind person "driving" on the road with your wife and kids??? If they{wife and kids} were in a hurry and hit by a blind person which side of the argument would you be on?
Kenstrac; very well put, I agree.
You agree on what- He doesn't know the laws for Ohio.

He's not totally blind, like in your statement.(above)- He has a job!

Do 'you two' believe the OPs brother is the only legally blind person on the roads?- Sure sounds like it. How many 'millions' of drivers do you believe are legally blind?- Do a search and let us know.- You are sharing the road with them also, but you must not know it.

I don't wear glasses.- But I do have respect for people that do, and that includes legally blind people.-It's not their choice!

'You & kenstrac' have been putting down this person with your statements.- The main thing is, his brother wasn't hurt.- His brother is going to continue to drive the short two miles to work, and there's nothing 'WE' can do to stop him!

Well as an insurance agent...but not a traffic accident expert get professional advice.

Don't assume the officer was correct on any point.

A quick look of their drivers book (in more than one area) gives me reason to believe the other driver is at best partly liable. Also look for max speeds at schools where it sounds like this happened.

To me it seems you and your brother are not trying to do anything wrong as he made effort to be legal to begin with.

But the main thing is no one was hurt and don't loose sight of that.

Do let me add, anything you are turning left you should check for driving passing regardless of what you are driving for there are nuts out there.
Agree 100%!- The kid caused the accident because he seen the signal light on but tried to pass anyway.- But some can't understand that part.- The officer is to blame also, because he did a poor investigation.

Yup! His brother made an effort to be legal, and was because he had insurance, and what he was driving is not against the law in Ohio.

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #93  
I would say I drive on the roads with 'millions' of legally blind people.

His brother can see.- He has a job!

The OP also posted the state laws for Ohio.- I'm sure he knows them better than you.- He was legal to be on the road, but you can't understand it!

Sorry if it's against the law to drive a UTV/RTV or ATV in your state.-We can't help you, but we enjoy it in my state!

Do 'you two' believe the OPs brother is the only legally blind person on the roads?- Sure sounds like it. How many 'millions' of drivers do you believe are legally blind?- Do a search and let us know.- You are sharing the road with them also, but you must not know it.

I don't wear glasses.- But I do have respect for people that do, and that includes legally blind people.-It's not their choice!

'You & kenstrac' have been putting down this person with your statements.- The main thing is, his brother wasn't hurt.- His brother is going to continue to drive the short two miles to work, and there's nothing 'WE' can do to stop him!

Agree 100%!- The kid caused the accident because he seen the signal light on but tried to pass anyway.- But some can't understand that part.- The officer is to blame also, because he did a poor investigation.

Yup! His brother made an effort to be legal, and was because he had insurance, and what he was driving is not against the law in Ohio.

Like I said for the fifth time the laws I posted are from the OHIO web site and if you read the OP he is legally BLIND BUT he does not want to get GLASSES.And your still picking on the KID again ,to bad we can't get his side of the story. BTW you seem to be PUTTING DOWN THE KIDAnd I have not put anyone down I am simply quoting the OP and the DMV laws from OHIO.If the OP lets his brother drive with the info HE posted here and he injures or kills someone or himself HE will have to live with it for the rest of his life!

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #94  

WRONG read his post he posted the laws for Ohio

He is LEGALLY TOO BLIND TO GET A LIC. without some sort of eye corrective device!!! The OP posted this from the beginning!!!

I have had uncle's friends and others that are legally blind, they could not get a lic without glasses etc.... So maybe I know more then you, hey???

Good for you, hope you never need them. NO CRAP, it's not their choice, NO ONE{not one person} said it makes him bad nor blamed him for being blind, nice twist :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: Anyone can make a bad choice wether blind or not.

Have you read any of my post? I NEVER ONCE put anyone down{might start now with you though :mad:}. I have been around physically challenged people all of my life. I have a family memeber that is totally dependant on us{family} for her needs, completely dependant!!!!!! Your statement is FALSE and RUDE to say the least!!!!!

I also commented a number of times that I feel his brother seems like a decent person.

Seems like you know the whole story could you please fill the rest of us in so we can understand????

I will agree with you on 1 of your statements, the officer MAY not have done a proper job.

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #95  
From all the research we did before he purchased this rtv concluded that it is treated as a peice of farm machinery, like a tractor. And in ohio they dont need to have registered or have a license to be operated. This is far from an urban setting. We are out in this sticks. It is not uncommon around here to see 12-13 year olds driving tractors down the road to the fields for the family farm, how is this any different?

He is visually impared but he can see. He is vision is 20/200. He is able to see people crossing the street, oncomming traffic, and the lines on the highway. This guy came from behind. Honestly, how many of us check our rear view mirror everytime we turn?
As to the legallity of operating it on the highway, as mentioned everything we researched said it was okay, but we still wondered. The officer never mentioned anything about it so that kinda confirms that he was operating legally.

Every time. Without question. Also any time when slowing up. Been around long enough to see too many inattentive tailgaters, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and "radio and tire noise too loud to hear the emergency sirens" emergency vehicles come out of nowhere.

Glad your brother is ok. I would think that anyone in the process of passing would be required to give way.

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #96  
Car accidents can cause extensive personal injuries and property damage. There are several causes of car accidents, but reckless teenage drivers are a main cause of car accidents.

Many teenagers tend to neglect the safety precautionary measures as soon as they are behind the wheel. Reckless fast driving, (***unsafe passing techniques,***) and driving under the influence of alcohol are the most common causes of teenage car accidents.

Teenagers between the age of 15 and 20 years cause most teenage car accidents. Sadly, even minimum precautionary measures such as wearing a seat belt at all times are also neglected. Also, teenagers high on alcohol and drugs are the reason for a large number of accidents. The worst part is that all the others in the car would also sustain severe injuries due to recklessness of the driver.

All states have strict rules regarding drinking and driving in an attempt to reduce the number of teenage car accidents. However, even in places where it has been made illegal to drink and drive, there is a small percentage of rebellious teenage drivers who do not care for themselves or for the lives of others who might be involved in the car accident. In spite of all this, there has been a considerable reduction in the number of teenage car accidents in states who have tightened the security and law relating to drunk driving.

Another cause for more number of teenage car accidents is (**inexperience of young drivers. Due to a lack of experience, these teenagers are more prone to accidents,**) especially on highways and other places with considerably more traffic. Backing up in the driveways, parking, and reversing are other difficult driving techniques that often lead to accidents. Most of these kinds of accidents involve property damage more than personal injuries. It is wise for young drivers to practice driving with a responsible adult before driving on their own.

(**Unsafe passing techniques.**):rolleyes:- Yep, That was the kid.

Teen Car Accidents

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #98  
Car accidents can cause extensive personal injuries and property damage. There are several causes of car accidents, but reckless teenage drivers are a main cause of car accidents.

Many teenagers tend to neglect the safety precautionary measures as soon as they are behind the wheel. Reckless fast driving, (***unsafe passing techniques,***) and driving under the influence of alcohol are the most common causes of teenage car accidents.

Teenagers between the age of 15 and 20 years cause most teenage car accidents. Sadly, even minimum precautionary measures such as wearing a seat belt at all times are also neglected. Also, teenagers high on alcohol and drugs are the reason for a large number of accidents. The worst part is that all the others in the car would also sustain severe injuries due to recklessness of the driver.

All states have strict rules regarding drinking and driving in an attempt to reduce the number of teenage car accidents. However, even in places where it has been made illegal to drink and drive, there is a small percentage of rebellious teenage drivers who do not care for themselves or for the lives of others who might be involved in the car accident. In spite of all this, there has been a considerable reduction in the number of teenage car accidents in states who have tightened the security and law relating to drunk driving.

Another cause for more number of teenage car accidents is (**inexperience of young drivers. Due to a lack of experience, these teenagers are more prone to accidents,**) especially on highways and other places with considerably more traffic. Backing up in the driveways, parking, and reversing are other difficult driving techniques that often lead to accidents. Most of these kinds of accidents involve property damage more than personal injuries. It is wise for young drivers to practice driving with a responsible adult before driving on their own.

(**Unsafe passing techniques.**):rolleyes:- Yep, That was the kid.

Teen Car Accidents

Car Accidents by Age in The United States 2006
Age of Driver Number Killed in Car Crashes 2006
Under 5 Years Old 578
5 - 9 516
10 - 15 1,079
16 - 20 5,658
21 - 24 4,701
25 - 34 7,169
35 - 44 6,361
45 - 54 6,232
55 - 64 4,178
65 - 74 2,611
Over Age 74 3,406
Unknown 153
I guess you were never a KID if you look at the above you will see that a new driver will have accidents but what is the excuse for the other age groups with experience.Are you basing your oppinion on what you were like when you were a KID.
I just can not understand why you are putting down KIDS so much.
I am truly thankful that I was not brought up by you when I was a KID!

/ Kubota RTV and CAR Accident. #99  
Kenstrac, that's interesting, looks like the worst group is 25-34 at 7169. Quess the KIDS aint so bad after all ;)