Kubota RTV1100 Concerns

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns
I like those tires on your 900. I will check into some like those.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #12  
I take my RTV 900 in 2wd up and down hills on my place that I won't take my L4330 in 4wd.

I did upgrade to 26x11-12 Blackwater Evolutions however; they look and work great!

RTV, BW Evo tires and the front hill I live on:

View attachment 477546View attachment 477547
REAL pretty view FTG, real pretty. That long concrete driveway cost you some.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #13  
Good read. I have been thinking about buying an RTV 1100. Sounds like it should do well, since unlike a lot of people I have no expectation of mud bogging or doing high speed runs with it. I have my Polaris Sportsman's for that.
I have hundreds of miles of logging roads I ride here. Would be nice to have that cab on cold and rainy days.

Should I have any concerns about the hydro trans on longer trail rides....like 60 to 80 mile loops.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #14  
I don't think you have to worry bout the HVT overheating. It's basically a tractor HST system.

My 900 will run high engine temps if pulling a heavy load or long wide open runs. Almost gets in the red on the gauge. Never boils over. Might be the gauge not being accurate.

Just remember, 25mph is the max. You might try going for a cruise on the Sportsman and never exceed 25mph.

It's gonna take you 3 hours plus to run 80 miles at constant wide open speed.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #15  
We have had an RTV on our place since 2008. It has more pluses than minuses overall. The things we don't like are mostly related to speed, and especially the lack of performance on hills. It's pretty heavy with relatively small tires so performance in mud is marginal. The other thing that stinks is the lack of door windows that can be opened.

One thing is for sure, they are very solid and reliable and ours has only needed general maintenance.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #16  
Thanks Ovrszd and Moriboy. The new RTV1100 have roll down door windows now.

And I was just throwing a number Ovrszd. Probably wouldn't go that far. Anyway, I did try the speed on my Sportsman and it was about what I cruise with the kids anyway. I just want an all weather cruiser/worker.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #17  
I recently purchased a Polaris General, for the long rides it's much more comfortable but not nearly as good in bad weather. I don't think there is a perfect machine for every condition.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #18  
Thanks Ovrszd and Moriboy. The new RTV1100 have roll down door windows now.

And I was just throwing a number Ovrszd. Probably wouldn't go that far. Anyway, I did try the speed on my Sportsman and it was about what I cruise with the kids anyway. I just want an all weather cruiser/worker.

And with those needs in mind, I believe the RTV is your best choice. The cab is first class. Wish they were a bit more versatile with easily removeable doors and windshield like a Jeep.

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #19  
That's how I'm looking at it. I already have the Sportsman and a CR500 motocrosser......so when looking for a cabbed workhorse/cruiser......those new Rangers and Generals cost as much as I can get a new RTV for. So why not have heat, AC and a stereo...and hydraulics!

/ Kubota RTV1100 Concerns #20  
I've had mine for two years now. Comfort level can't be beat with the a/c and heater. I use it around the pasture and cows so speed is not real important but be aware that they accelerate slow and unless you're going on a downgrade you're not going to hit 25mph. I've had mine to 24 and I had about run out of pasture by the time I got there.