Kubota RTV900 tire wear & camber

/ Kubota RTV900 tire wear & camber #11  
Well we have just over 25 hours and you can see the tire wear very bad and can see it is out of alignment,we called the dealer and he said that 1 to 1 and a quater is ok? i think not, we have run it on black top and its never been in 4 wheel drive so we are not to happy at this point ? Any more on this would be a great help thanks in advance Brian..sorry its a brand new 1100 rtv. wonder if KEVIN

/ Kubota RTV900 tire wear & camber
Ransom, I think part of your message may be missing. And I'm not sure what 1-1/4 your dealer is referring to, but I believe you have a problem with your RTV and probably your dealer too.

At 25 hours on pavement, you should have barely visible wear, and it should be even. I rotate my tires front to rear and even with my incorrect camber due to HD springs, I just replaced my first pair of tires after 900+ hours. They were thru to the cords in the worn area but still had good tread on the inside edge.

I have also just reinstalled the standard springs on one of my RTVs and put car wheels & tires on it. Details are in another thread, which is just a few lines down from this thread at the moment. My dealer was supportive & happy to see my success (so far) with the swap and will pass along the details to their other pavement-driving customers.

I have 2 more units to change back to stock springs in, and have wheels & tires on order for those plus the one I told the dealer not to put HD springs in.

FYI, after 900+ hours on each of 4 RTV900s, I've had one speedo replaced and changed a few fuses that were the wrong size from the factory. Other than that, some of my first fillups were out of a crappy tank and I'm still changing filters constantly and am about to remove & clean the tanks. I've added NAPA spin-on fuel filter/water separators. Also, the shop that installed my electric brakes may have messed up a ground, causing fuses to blow when I hooked up the trailers. That's all the problems I've had - the only ones that really matter are not Kubota's fault. What more can you ask???

My only tiny gripe -- fuel filters should be located where they can be changed easily and neatly without burning yourself. It takes two hands to do the job right, but there's no way to fit two hands when the engine is hot. So you do it one-handed and spill a bunch of fuel. I've fixed that on mine, but Kubota should do something on their end.

Oh, and I HATE wheel bolts! Why can't they use studs & nuts??? I'm having a **** of a time finding a fix for this.

Happy motoring!

kevin

/ Kubota RTV900 tire wear & camber
Update: I put my stock springs back in, which corrected my clearly-visible camber problem and my tire wear. I bet the HDWS tires could have gone 1800 hours on pavement if I had stock springs from the beginning.

I have around 2000 hours on each of my 4 RTVs, no problems since my last report other than a small leak from a trans cooler hose on one unit, corrected under warranty. These are the best vehicles ever!

BTW, (OT) I talked to my dealer about Super UDT fluid and possibly using an alternative. He said he has personally compared two identical tractors owned by a local farmer, one with Super UDT and one with generic fluid, and found the transmission with Super UDT ran 80 degrees cooler. I will continue using the Super...

HTH
kevin