Kubota scrapbook

/ Kubota scrapbook #1  

MaltbyMower

Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST/Kubota L4350MDT/John Deere L130
I love tractors! Especially Kubota. Before I bought mine, my neighbor parked his boss’s B21 in between our houses with the key under the mat. It was basically there for me to use when ever I wanted. From reading this forum, I told him that I get the impression that the B21 is an underpowered, overbuilt tractor, perfect for rental yards and const/landscaping crews that might be rough on them. He said, “So what you’re saying is that I have a cheap rental piece of crap?!?” I said oh no, are the keys still under the mat? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
My neighbor decided to move and I told him that I would have to find my own tractor. I asked if any of his rental buddies had a B21 they wanted to rotate out of the fleet. Once again, he burns me with, “So now you want to buy your own cheap rental piece of crap?!?” /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
After some more searching, my cousin introduced me to sewer guy in central Washington who was looking to sell his Kubota. He said, every time I service this tractor, it is in cherry condition. I basically bought the tractor over the phone…L4350MDT with loader and 9’ bradco backhoe ($15.5K.) When I got it home, my neighbor said, “Yeah, there are a lot of things you can do on this that you wouldn’t be able to do on the B21.”
Next week the other neighbor called and asked if I could bury her horse (just died, I yes, I now know it is probably illegal to bury animals without a permit or something.) As I was driving the tractor with the horse dangling from the legs from my bucket up a 20% grade hill to the 9 foot deep hole I dug, my neighbor yells from across the fence, “Probably couldn’t do that with the B21!”
Next week, 3rd neighbor asked me to remove a tree for him. Said I could keep it if I could save it. 25 foot blue spruce, dug out with a giant root ball (its now 1 year latter and its doing great.) My loader could only lift it inches off the ground. Drove it around the block back home where I find my first neighbor yelling out…you guessed it, “Probably couldn’t do that with the B21!”
I’ve done several things since then, including collapsing a 6 foot wide concrete well, move giant rocks and up rooting giant root balls. I need to start a scrapbook called, “Stuff the B21 couldn’t.”
No offense to B21 owners, it is an awesome machine. I miss the HST tranny and the canopy!

Attachments

• 671336-DSCN0862.JPG
    671336-DSCN0862.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 449