Kubota Slow Burn Fuses?

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #1  

mtputney

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 110TLB
Kubota Slow Burn Fuses

Our new M62 has 3 slow burn fuses.

We always keep backup fuses in the onboard toolkit – but the local dealer doesn’t even stock these…do they just not burn out like regular fuses?

Thanks

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #2  
Have them order you at least one replacement. My M9's have 4 each. Never had one 'burn out' but there is always a first time. I keep a couple spares in the shop just in case.

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #3  
Wow, Messick's has one 60A. I know my MX has a 50 and 60 slow burn, not sure about the M4. Usually they have 10 or more of everything. Can't imagine they go that often but since you mentioned it I'm thinking about adding one to the spares.

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #4  
Why would you even consider buying it from Messicks and pay freight? Makes no sense to me. Buy it from your local dealer and support his business. I'm closer to them than you are and I NEVER buy anything there. I patronize my local Kubota dealer always. Besides, then I can peruse the new equipment (when they have any that is)...

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #5  
If nobody stocks them,then they almost never are needed,or readily available at a decent auto parts store?

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #6  
Why would you even consider buying it from Messicks and pay freight? Makes no sense to me. Buy it from your local dealer and support his business. I'm closer to them than you are and I NEVER buy anything there. I patronize my local Kubota dealer always. Besides, then I can peruse the new equipment (when they have any that is)...
I support local as much as possible. I shop at my local auto parts place and often pay more than if I went to town because the local businesses are that important IMHO. But the nearest Kubota dealer is 130 miles round trip and they won’t ship parts and I often can’t justify three hours in a car and now $20-30 in gas to go pick up a $15 widget. Every time I drive buy I go in with my list but if I need something sooner than that I order it.

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #7  
Kubota Slow Burn Fuses

Our new M62 has 3 slow burn fuses.

We always keep backup fuses in the onboard toolkit – but the local dealer doesn’t even stock these…do they just not burn out like regular fuses?

Thanks
Assuming that you mean slow-blow fuses.

Should be available at a good auto parts store.

If not, have your dealer order a box or buy online from Amazon, etc.

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #8  
I do believe no auto parts outlet will have them because they are not the typical ATI base, nor are they the same size either. I believe they are a Kubota specific size and designed fuse. I guess one could refit the fuse block and switch to ATI industry standard slow blow fuses in the correct amperage. Never had one expire in either of my 2002 or 2004 M9's, but then I don't short the wiring either, intentionally.

I do have spares in the shop anyway, just in case. In fact I have amassed a lot of spare parts over the years. Have a large wood crate full of Kubota metric fasteners and stuff that I may need but probably won't. Everything from top links to stabilizers to electrical parts. Usually, when I replace something, I buy 2 of the same. Just a habit I guess.

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #9  
I would not get much accomplished if I relied on my dealer’s parts department. Except for their open house spring sale event, I rely on Messick’s to get the right part, get it quicker, and pay less. First, my local, and nearest, dealer is 150 miles so count on a day. Second, rarely do they have the part. Third, about 50% of the time the parts people get the wrong part. It’s not like my Cat dealer where they usually have the part but if they don’t, it’s always been there for me by 7:00 am the next morning.

/ Kubota Slow Burn Fuses? #10  
Off topic kind of, Kubota used to use fusible links, not so fun story over 5 yrs ago I blew the link and in my younger infinite ignorant wisdom I rewired it with heavier gauge wire. Fried the entire lower harness on my L 2850. Luckily I found a used replacement harness and the entire tractor didn't get torched. So you probably want to use the appropriate fuses sized accordingly.