Kubota Super UDT

/ Kubota Super UDT #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My thought is that unless Kubota SPECIFICALLY says otherwise, there is NO guarentee that they AREN'T using a "off the shelf" product and just packaging it differently. Many companies do this. Heck, when you buy Exxon gasoline, there's not guarentee you're actually getting Exxon gasoline. They've been known to import other brands if it's cost effective from what I'm told. )</font>

You are correct on both counts Steve. Even if major retailers (like ExxonMobil) have their own refineries, it doesn't make sense to transport it across the country when another refinery is closer to a given market. Hence, all the gas (diesel fuel too) in most any part of the country comes from the same refinery. The only difference between brands is that each major oil company retailer has its own additive package that they add to "their" batch of gasoline once they buy it from the local refinery. The additives, although much ballyhooed by advertising, only amount to a few parts per million, so in my opinion the effects are minimal.

The more important reason to buy gas or fuel from a major oil company retail outlet as opposed to some discount retailers is that the major oil company retailers usually have higher standards for checking and keeping their underground tanks clean and (relatively) water-free.

No tractor manufacturer has its own refinery, so all of their branded lube products are purchased from oil companies and re-packaged. Typically, even the source will change from time to time depending on who gives them the best bid. It is also against the law for any manufacturer to void your warranty if you don't use their lube products, unless they provide them to you for free.

Pete (in the oil business)