Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer

/ Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer #1  

yanmars

Platinum Member
I am going to mow with the same. It has a MTL Extreme xcl 7 foot mower on it. The owner said no charge to use it but I will not do that. I will refuel when done but any idea what a fair rate to pay him per hour? I will run it. He dropped it off and will repick it up. Thanks

/ Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer #2  
If he’s local, just buy him a $100 gift certificate at a local restaurant or store

/ Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer #3  
How far did he haul it?

/ Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer #4  
Depending on its condition (sparkle)....
If I were him and making this very generous offer, this says alot about both of you.
A washing and interior "detailing" would just blow my mind.
Money is just money, but one's time and effort, thought is a great way to show your appreciation. 👍

/ Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer
Depending on which farm he had it at about 2 or 5 miles. I used it 7 hours, to refill took $120 of diesel. About 3 gallons per hour.

/ Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer #6  
I agree clean it up pretty (tracks, windows, controls, arm rests, seat), full tank diesel, and throw in a gift certificate for steak house and maybe a bottle of whiskey/case beer if he likes that sort of thing. Rental rate for 8hr day would easily be $700 for cutter and machine. Operator/machine rates are usually $150/hr. I believe $50 an hour plus fuel is a good ball park of machine/cutter operating cost per hour till the machine is paid for.

Also since I assume you are close neighbors as there is a level of trust with the machine if he mentions he is going to be doing xyz the next day etc just show up and give him a hand. I do all kinds of "free" machine work for my neighbors and the best way they can pay me back is picking up limbs and mowing the yard or hauling my trash to the dump. Really anything that shortens my day is a welcome thanks. I hate taking money from neighbors that I know, but a basket of eggs or a cake, that is the stuff the keeps me helping.

Last edited:
   / Kubota SVL 95-2s skid steer #7  
Call sunbelt or united rentals.