Buying Advice Kubota svl75

/ Kubota svl75 #11  
I wouldn't worry about this machine being a rental machine. First... only 500 hours, second... machines like this are usually rented by experienced contractors-not your everyday goofball that doesn't know how to operate it, and third... rental machines generally are serviced very well by their owner. Price sounds pretty good too.

/ Kubota svl75
Ok thanks man that's what I was guessing I'm going to take a look at it tommare so fingers crossed that it's a good one 😜

/ Kubota svl75 #13  
I wouldn't worry about this machine being a rental machine. First... only 500 hours, second... machines like this are usually rented by experienced contractors-not your everyday goofball that doesn't know how to operate it, and third... rental machines generally are serviced very well by their owner. Price sounds pretty good too.

It may have been rented by an experienced operator who then stuck an inexperienced laborer in it to "just load the tuck" who then bashed the grab handles flush with cab, (look at the pics)which took more than one hit to accomplish, also, say they rented it for a month, and say they put 100 hrs on it in that time, did it get greased every 10 hours like it's supposed to? Who knows? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying, if a machine is dented and scratched at every corner, what care did they take to maintain something they were not going to keep, it needs to be looked at very closely.

/ Kubota svl75 #14  
It may have been rented by an experienced operator who then stuck an inexperienced laborer in it to "just load the tuck" who then bashed the grab handles flush with cab, (look at the pics)which took more than one hit to accomplish, also, say they rented it for a month, and say they put 100 hrs on it in that time, did it get greased every 10 hours like it's supposed to? Who knows? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying, if a machine is dented and scratched at every corner, what care did they take to maintain something they were not going to keep, it needs to be looked at very closely.

Yep! I put over 250 hrs on one particular SVL75 rental machine. I was planning on purchasing that same machine. When it came in off of a rental by a large construction company at 420 hrs, it was absolutely thrashed. Ripped up tracks and it hadn't been greased...and I'll bet on this one...at all. One of the fittings were squeaking and wouldn't even take grease. The dealer had installed a heavy, swing-out rear door protector on it since it was setup to be a brush buster. They had tweaked the very heavy 1/4" thick rectangular tubing protector so bad that it took muscle to move it off the welded on hinges and dented the door???? I personally saw it AFTER the yard hand had pressure washed it and I still had to clean a bunch of mud off of it before I would even load it on my trailer. I cleaned several shovels full of dirt out of the inside too. Like they pushed dirt over the bucket and into the cab...and it was an enclosed cab! It was the only rental available for purchase from my dealer with the cash I had to spend and I passed on the purchase. Ticked me off, cuz I loved the machine.

Besides what I've seen myself, I've heard horror stories from my rental guy about the rental idiots. Gas in the fuel tank, fittings ripped off of the hydraulic couplers, plugged filters...

Check it out carefully!

/ Kubota svl75
Alright guys went all the way up to Tennasee today took a 4 hour trip and went and looked at it yes it had dents and scratches on it but not really major at all just normal scratches that you will see but the freeze fitting were greased every ten hours yes and maintained by the head machanic the outside might not look the prettiest but I looked over it very good on the inside and it looked like a brand new engine on the inside so to answer y'all's question this one was maintained very we'll it was one of the biggest dealers in Tennasee and you could tell he kept if up as good as he could scratches and a couple dents don't bother me it's not a brand new machine so I would expect that even if it does have 500 hours it's not a car you can't keep them dent free ya know? So everything was deff clean on the inside and outside and I ended up buying it right then cause I know how fast these things go if they are in good shape. So from what I have told y'all what do you guys think, was it a good Idea to buy this on?

/ Kubota svl75
Yep! I put over 250 hrs on one particular SVL75 rental machine. I was planning on purchasing that same machine. When it came in off of a rental by a large construction company at 420 hrs, it was absolutely thrashed. Ripped up tracks and it hadn't been greased...and I'll bet on this one...at all. One of the fittings were squeaking and wouldn't even take grease. The dealer had installed a heavy, swing-out rear door protector on it since it was setup to be a brush buster. They had tweaked the very heavy 1/4" thick rectangular tubing protector so bad that it took muscle to move it off the welded on hinges and dented the door???? I personally saw it AFTER the yard hand had pressure washed it and I still had to clean a bunch of mud off of it before I would even load it on my trailer. I cleaned several shovels full of dirt out of the inside too. Like they pushed dirt over the bucket and into the cab...and it was an enclosed cab! It was the only rental available for purchase from my dealer with the cash I had to spend and I passed on the purchase. Ticked me off, cuz I loved the machine. Besides what I've seen myself, I've heard horror stories from my rental guy about the rental idiots. Gas in the fuel tank, fittings ripped off of the hydraulic couplers, plugged filters... Check it out carefully!
this is what I looked at

/ Kubota svl75
go take a look at what I posted on the fourm

/ Kubota svl75 #19  
Congrats! Sounds like you got a pretty good deal to boot.