Kubota T1760 Lawn Tractor

/ Kubota T1760 Lawn Tractor #1  

darrelld

Tractor
Kubota T1760
I have a Kubota T1760 lawn tractor, approx. 6 years old. I have done the customary annual service every spring. This spring I have changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, etc. It has 334 hours on it now. I am now having trouble keeping it running although I have mowed with it all spring without problems. Now it will start fine every time, but then it will run between 30 seconds to five minutes then it just shuts down like it's out of gas. I have changed the plugs but that has not helped. I have checked all the fuel and fluid levels and they are fine. Please HELP!!!

/ Kubota T1760 Lawn Tractor #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a Kubota T1760 lawn tractor, approx. 6 years old. I have done the customary annual service every spring. This spring I have changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, etc. It has 334 hours on it now. I am now having trouble keeping it running although I have mowed with it all spring without problems. Now it will start fine every time, but then it will run between 30 seconds to five minutes then it just shuts down like it's out of gas. I have changed the plugs but that has not helped. I have checked all the fuel and fluid levels and they are fine. Please HELP!!! )</font>

If you choke it will it keep running albeit roughly?

A couple more things you can check are the fuel filter and line...I would change the filter and make sure their are no soft spots in the fuel line first. Then I would check the fuel pump. I can't be anymore specific without knowing which engine you have.

Slam

/ Kubota T1760 Lawn Tractor
It is a Kawasaki 18HP motor. Choking sometimes keeps it running just a few seconds longer, but it still shuts down. The owner's manual says to have a Kubota Dealer change the fuel filter. Is this something I can do with little trouble?

/ Kubota T1760 Lawn Tractor #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is a Kawasaki 18HP motor. Choking sometimes keeps it running just a few seconds longer, but it still shuts down. The owner's manual says to have a Kubota Dealer change the fuel filter. Is this something I can do with little trouble? )</font>

I am sure that if you locate the fuel filter on your unit you can change it. It should be a relatively simple task...

Slam

/ Kubota T1760 Lawn Tractor #5  
I am having the same problem with my T1760. I have installed a new fuel filter and also a new cut off sensor ($80.00).The mower runs like a brand new one when you start it and you can run it about 5 to ten minutes and it will go dead. If you let it set for a few hours it will start and run about the same time and go dead again. I got a manual and it doesnt say anything about this kind off troubleshooting. Pleasehelp the grass is growing all the time and mowers cost to much to buy another and they have all these sensors too.