Kubota Temperature Readings

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
After seeing some comments in the "Cold TC45D" thread, I was concerned about the the temp readings on my L2500.

A number of folks said their temperature guage needles barely move off the bottom peg under normal use. Mine settles in right at 12 o'clock (mid-range) for the most part. Gerard says his 2500 reads the same as mine.

Maybe we could hear from other Kubota tamers about their model and temp readings?

I guess ambient temperature would be useful information, too.

HarvSig.gif

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #2  
Harv,

B21 under normal use is about 10:00 up from 8:30. Ambient 50 deg F.

Mr TT A.K.A. Al

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #3  
Harv I've got a L3750 and the temp ranges from 1/4 to 3/4 in the temp gauge. The tractor has a spot about half way on the gauge with a space in the line on the gauge face. This is where it runs during summer when I'm running the tractor hard. If I'm rotary cutting and the grill gets gunked up with debris then I've seen it as high as 3/4, clean the grill and goes back to normal. In winter it runs from 1/4 to 1/3 unless I block the grill off then it will go up to half. I usully keep the grill blocked for the sole reason that I run the heater in the cab and this takes alot of the heat from the engine.
Gordon

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #4  
Harv:
My L2500d runs in the middle of the gauge no matter what the ambient temperature. The only time it rises is when the radiator screen gets clogged with grass and dust. Of course out here in Cal. its a dry heat.

/ Kubota Temperature Readings
P.K. (or do I call you Patrick?) -

Thanks for the report. Sounds like all the 2500's are behaving the same. That's good news to me. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm in Northern California, too. Whereabouts do you do your tractorin'?

HarvSig.gif

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #6  
`The way Gordon describes the mark half way between cold and hot sounds just like the guage on my L2250. Mine also runs right on that mark with ambient temps from the 40's to the high 90's. If ambient temps get colder or hotter, I don't need to be on the tractor.

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #7  
Harv, my L2650 temp gage will set right on the normal operation mark most all the time(mid range setting). During the cool weather it will take quite sometime to reach that high, and will run just below the mid mark unless it is run hard. In the hot summer it will go up to the mid mark and set there unless I am cutting grass and the raditor screen is starting to get plugged up, when it starts to go above the mid mark more than just a little time to blow out the screen.

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #8  
Harv,
My L2500DT temp gauge runs about 12 o'clock (half way) when warmed up. It appears to be the point that the thermostat opens. If it is under a heavy heavy load and it is around 100F It'll run about 5/8 of travel until the load is reduced. Then it will return to the mid point....unless the radiator screen is dirty. Some type of graduation on the gauge as to actual temperature instead of a "relative" measurement would be nice. Maybe at some point I will search up a replacement with degree markings.
jeff_in_nc

/ Kubota Temperature Readings #9  
I guess I can't go back and edit and attach a picture now...
jeff_in_nc

Attachments

• 2-27200-Mvc-004s.jpg
    2-27200-Mvc-004s.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 206
   / Kubota Temperature Readings #10  
Jeff,
About how long does it take during the winter months before you reach the temp.

Looks like she needs a little nourishment. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif