Kubota Tractor Purchase

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase #11  
I love my BX24. But I only have a .5 acre lot. If I had 2 acres or more, I'd have a B series. Sure the BX can mow 2 acres. I've mowed 6 one day of shoulder high weeds. Took me over 8 hours with the deck all the way up, and I was really pushing it. If I had to do something like that a lot, I'd have a bigger tractor for sure, but pushing snow with a driveway your size, I'd go for a bigger model like a B series. Whenever we get 2 ft of snow in one storm, I wish the my BX was a B, and my driveway is nowhere near as long as yours.

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase #13  
TX ANM - The BX series are great little machines - but - the little tires scared me away - afriad they'd drop in a hole and disappear!
I almost bought a B7800 w/FEL for 16K but the dealer had a B7200 w/600Hrs, MMM and FEL.
For 6K I bought the B7200 as a really good "starter tractor", one that I wouldn't feel bad about using hard for the same type of work you want to do.
When that work is done, I'll be beter educated about what I need in a tractor and can go get a new one that's just right!

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase #14  
TX ANM - The BX series are great little machines - but - the little tires scared me away - afriad they'd drop in a hole and disappear!

That brought a chuckle for me! :p:D Never disappeared on me yet! ;) When it does, I'll post some pics. :eek:

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase
Thanks for all the information. First tractor purchase is a little overwhelming! The hard part is that my tractor will be worth 3x's my automobile value. I guess that is the reason I can get a nice tractor though! I am leaning towards the B3200 at this point. I am a little confused though as to why would somebody purchase the L2800 vs the B3200? Very similar HP, but the B is lighter.

What are the benefits of the L2800 vs the B3200?

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase
Here is a link to the property. It is 150 yards for plowing. We don't usually get a lot of snow, but there are large drifts that can get a foot to foot and half high across the access.

The dark green areas are going to be where I push mow or buy a small yard machine. The lighter areas are going to be the tractors job.
14517 federal blvd, 80023 - Google Maps

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase #18  
If you have not done so already, drive some of the different models at the dealership. That will help a lot. If you operate a B3200, make sure you get the RPM's up to PTO speed and note the vibration as a result of the 4cyl engine. It may or not be an issue to you. It will also give you a feel as to which fits you better.

The advantage to me on the B series would be you could use a belly mower instead of an RFM. The belly mower is easier to get around stuff than the RFM, but of course the RFM is easier to take on and off. For the mowing, it might be the better size for your acreage.

The L series would offer more of a real tractor feel with better hydrolic power. It also has position control for the 3pt vs the 1/4" valve system on the B's. When using a Brush hog, I would prefer the position control as the front of the brush hog tends to sag down as you mow and you have to bump it up every now and then or it is dragging the ground. But I think RFM's have wheels on all corners, so it may not matter much with them.

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase #19  
Cant tell from the the map pic but depending on how hilly he may want a bX for the low COG. Just my 2 cents.

/ Kubota Tractor Purchase #20  
I almost bought a B7800 w/FEL for 16K but the dealer had a B7200 w/600Hrs, MMM and FEL.
For 6K I bought the B7200 as a really good "starter tractor", one that I wouldn't feel bad about using hard for the same type of work you want to do.
When that work is done, I'll be beter educated about what I need in a tractor and can go get a new one that's just right!

Are these the little wheels on the BX on the right that you are talking about?
135239d1247926943-b3200-bx2660-side-side-not-p1060019.jpg