Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #11  
Hey Ya'll -

For what it's worth, I just did the 50 hour service on my L3400. Instead of using the Kubota SUDT or UDT, I used Chevron 1000 THF. The main reason I used it was because I had 10 gallons of it hanging around that needed to be used or given away. It's what I used to use in a previous tractor that I owned.

Also, I did some research and asking around, and it turns out that the Chevron 1000 THF meets Kubota standards. I had also read on some other tractor discussion forums where people had used it with no ill effects.

I'm not sure, but I bet it's the same as the Kubota UDT. But it's quite a bit cheaper though. I even asked my local Kubota dealer about it, and he said that if it meets Kubota standards that it should be just fine.

Well, I have operated the tractor with the new fluid and I can't tell any difference at all, not better and not worse. I guess I just saved a little money is all. By the way, the Chevron 1000 TFH is the same color as the Kubota UDT. Not sure if that means anything though.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT
Here in Central Texas my Kubota dealer recommends and uses UDT. Dealer claims SUDT is not necessary. They sell UDT for $65 for a 5 gallon pail. I think I will give it a try. I will post results here.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #13  
Here in Central Texas my Kubota dealer recommends and uses UDT. Dealer claims SUDT is not necessary. They sell UDT for $65 for a 5 gallon pail. I think I will give it a try. I will post results here.

I know that dealer. Part of my purchase deal was supplies for my 50hr and they gave me UDT. I made them give me SUDT instead, per the BX manual.

The UDT will probably work fine, but I bet yer HST gets louder. If you're GST, none of this matters.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #14  
I thought Kubota was going to stop selling UDT and only carry SUDT. I remember reading a thread this past summer about this.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #15  
I changed my L3130 to SUDT at the 50 hr service. Less whine and I thought smoother operation. According to what I read SUDT also has superior high temperature characteristics compared to UDT. I am sticking with SUDT or what ever they are calling it now.

Vernon

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #16  
Well from what I have herd, Kubota could not convince or justify having udt and sudt to sell to the public in this hard times. So now they just have one, superior
udt. This is just what I have seen here and I do not know of cost but I would think it would be some were in between the two.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #17  
I went with UDT at my the 50 hour service with my BX24. I did not notice a difference.

John

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #18  
I've made 3 fifty hour changes in Kubota products with hydro drives. No way in heck I'd ever use just plain UDT again. I've used both and without any doubt I can tell a HUGE difference between the two. Yeah, you may save $50 by going cheap. In my book, if $50 will make you or break you, you ought to be looking to sell your equipment rather than doing the 50 hour change.

Besides the HUGE difference in quietness, my machines ran smoother and shifted far easier with SUDT. I did use regular UDT on one at the 50 hour mark and by the 53 hour mark I'd drained it and went with SUDT. There is absolutely no comparison in either cold or hot weather between the two. My money spend on regular UDT was money wasted.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #19  
I've made 3 fifty hour changes in Kubota products with hydro drives. No way in heck I'd ever use just plain UDT again. I've used both and without any doubt I can tell a HUGE difference between the two. Yeah, you may save $50 by going cheap. In my book, if $50 will make you or break you, you ought to be looking to sell your equipment rather than doing the 50 hour change.

Besides the HUGE difference in quietness, my machines ran smoother and shifted far easier with SUDT. I did use regular UDT on one at the 50 hour mark and by the 53 hour mark I'd drained it and went with SUDT. There is absolutely no comparison in either cold or hot weather between the two. My money spend on regular UDT was money wasted.

Gotta agree with you - the cost for the super UDT spread over the oil change interval, is just too minimal to worry about. That said, I use amsoil instead of super UDT. Cost is about the same but the amsoil is synthetic and should have better cold flow and high temp resistence properties, and I've been pretty happy with amsoil products.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT
Kubota HST Filter = $71.20
Kubota Hydraulic filter = $40.39
Kubota Engine Oil Filter = $10.38
Rotella 15w40 (6qts) = $19.00
Kubota SUDT (5 gal) $120 X2 = $240
Kutota SUDT (2 gal) = $62

Total = $442.97
x.0825 (tax)

Grand Total kubota oil change = $479.51

Maybe Dargo is right!...I cant afford this machine!!