Kubota upper and lower links

/ Kubota upper and lower links #1  

Steve_S

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
First I have to say this. I just got done reading the operating opinions thread and I have some input. I just got 70 ton of 2A modified stone on my property. The BX2200 I own handled it fine. I just got my BX about 2 months ago (just in time for the majority of our snow) and I absolutely love it. It does more than I would have guessed. I have a 72" bush hog finisher and a 72" rear blade which the BX handles fine. The mower is a little heavy, but it works. And the blade is cumbersome when using as a ballest, but again, it works fine and for moving snow it can't be beat. Anyway, my whole point to this is, can I get larger lower links for the 3pt hitch? My dealer gave me a larger upper link for free because the original was too short for the bush hog. I just joined this forum and have to say that the opinions and tips are outstanding. I have learned more from this than reading the owners manual. Thanks to all.

/ Kubota upper and lower links #2  
What are you hooking up that you would require larger 3pt arms for? I assume you mean LONGER arms rather than physically beefier. Keep in mind that the BX has a limited lifting capacity. I must say though, that i'm impressed that it handles the 6' brush hog. What kind is it? My dealer is trying to convince me that it'll only handle a 48"....

I have a new BX as well, brought it home in Jan. Picked up a used 6' rear blade, figured I'd have to cut it down to 5'. But tonight i had my first chance to use it, as we had about 6" of heavy wet snow to plow in the neighborhood drives. Boy, was I shocked! With turfs on (no chains or weights) it did the job just fine! Only fish-tailed once or twice on slick asphalt, and I'm sure that some rear weights would cure that. At one point I was pushing a full 10' of snow in front of the FEL, the rear blade full, snow and slush peeling off the top. YEEEHAAA!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kubota upper and lower links #3  
Steve
Check out this site. They have a couple of different lower arms. I would not recommend changing them though.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Kubota upper and lower links #4  
Welcome to TBN, sdsjr3. If the lower arm length issue is to increase the spread when attaching/detaching, have you considered a quick-hitch (freedom-hitch)? Another simple trick, for some implements, is to reverse the pins (point the implement pins in, rather than out). Did that for my rear blade, and it greatly reduced the effort required.

Roy

/ Kubota upper and lower links
OK, I finally have a chance to reply to all these posts. First to answer the question as to what I am hooking up that would require larger upper and lower links. The 72" bush hog is rather large. I did reverse the lower pins and that worked fine. But my rear blade is still an issue. And the pins are welded fast. I made my lower links as wide as possible and that helped a great deal but it is still a chore getting the blade on and off because the pins are so far apart. I had to get a larger upper link in order to reach the upper part of the mower bracket. The stock link that comes on the BX isn't quite long enough. And also, Roy, is there a website that I can find the "freedom hitch" at?

/ Kubota upper and lower links
Sorry, I forgot to tell you guys the model number of the bush hog. It is FTH-720 which is a side discharge model. And I am curious why it is recommended NOT to change the length of the lower links.

/ Kubota upper and lower links #7  
I don't know about a web site for the Freedom Hitch, but if you'll call (800) 586-3811 or (800) 859-3028, they'll send you their literature, price list, and a free video. Wish I could afford it myself.

Bird

/ Kubota upper and lower links #9  
<font color=blue>and a free video. Wish I could afford it</font color=blue>

Wow! And I thought I was having budget problems. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Kubota upper and lower links #10  
You caught me, Harv./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif As my wife is fond of saying, "You know what I meant." (Sometimes she's right, and sometimes she's not!)/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue>I thought I was having budget problems</font color=blue>

I figure if a trip around the world cost a dollar, I couldn't get out of sight.

Harv, did you get any work done on those culverts in the mud? I finally gave up on waiting for it to get dry enough to mow. Figured even if the sun came out it'd take forever for the ground to dry out under a foot of clover, so I just plowed, er . ., I mean mowed, right on through puddles and mud yesterday. At least everything was wet enough that it washed off pretty easily when I finished.

Bird