Kubota v New Holland???

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #1  

RhallVA

I was about to buy a B2410 but have just been handed a New Holland brochure for their Boomer compact tractors. Is there a Boomer that compares favorably in price and performance with the B2410? Are New Holland products a good value for the $ compared to Kubota?

Any help appreciated!
Roy

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #2  
Roy, go to a New Holland dealer and look at the TC21D and/or TC25D. Personally, I'm a bit partial to the Kubota, but they're both good tractors and it boils down to the tractor and dealer that you are most comfortable with.

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #3  
I'd guess the NH TC21 (or TC21D, if you want HST transmission, plus a few other nice options thrown in) would be the closest thing New Holland has to a Kubota B2410. Similar weight, HP, 3pt lift capacity, etc. Similar sized mower attachments available.

If you were to step up a size in the NH lineup, you end up with the class II boomers (TC 25/29/33). They all weigh about 2500# (about 1000# more than the TC21 or B2410).

I'm not very familiar with this size range (I bought a TC33D, and also shopped the Kubota line for similar sizes). I'm afraid I can't help you much with prices, but I did do enough shopping to find that when the two companies make a tractor of similar capabilities, they are pretty darn close on price (JD tends to be a bit higher, at least in my area).

If you get the chance, take a test drive on both brands and several models. There are enough differences between the two that you will probably find that one fits you &/or your planned uses better than the other.

BTW... What are you planning to use your tractor for?

John_Mc

EDIT: Almost forgot... I heard rumors that NH was coming out with a TC24, which would put a 24 HP engine on the same frame size as the TC21. I've not heard if it's actually out yet, but may be something to look for if your application calls for a couple extra horses.

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #4  
I agree with Bird the TC 21 or TC 25 would compare best with the 2410. Your Bio indicates you live in VA where in VA do you live. I live in NOVA in my search I compared the B 7500, TC 21 and the Deere 4100. Both the NH and the Deere were on average 2K higher. Let us know where in VA you live if it is in NOVA I can recommend some dealers.
Crown

/ Kubota v New Holland???
Crown,
I live near you, here in Loudoun County. I have been pricing
Kubota Tractors in Purcellville, Frederick MD, and there in Winchester. The same Winchester dealer (Winchester Equipment) also sells New Holland Tractors. I have gotten very competitive price quotes from all three of the Kubota Dealers, but if all else is equal I will deal as close to home as I can. If you know of others I should be getting quotes from please let me know! I am still leaning toward the Kubota since I have accumulated the most information about it.
Thanks!
Roy

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #6  
Hi Roy, and welcome aboard
I faced the same delimma as you last year. For months I shopped and compared tractors, specs, equipment, prices dealers (Orange, Blue, Green and Yellow). After all my comparing I narrowed it down between the N.H. TC21D and the Kubota B7500, but that was not really an apples to apples comparision. The N.H. actually had better specs than the Kubota but the Kubota was $2000 cheaper equiped equally. Then I decided to compare tractors pretty much apples for apples with the specs, and found the N.H. TC21D and the Kubota B2410 to be more equal by specs other than the B2410's engine being 3 HP larger. After talking to both dealers and getting to a bottom line on the prices, equiped the same, the Kubota was $200 more. Ever though I thought the Boomer was a nice choice I decided on the Kubota B2410, I figured it was worth the $200 to get the extra 3 pony's. One thing I kept thinking about was the Boomer is a fairly new line of compact tractor and Kubota has been in the compact tractor business for close to 30 years. I probably would have been happy with either tractor, but decided to have the Kubota B2410 delivered on 12/20/2001. Back last August I had the chance to see the 2 mower decks in use, and was very impressed with the Kubota mower deck, very nice vacuum and discharge.
Hope this info helps you out some.

Reddog123

Attachments

• 46-106753-G&KTractor.JPG
    46-106753-G&KTractor.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 728
   / Kubota v New Holland??? #7  
I also live in Loudoun (just North of Purcellville about 1 mile from Hillsboro). I might also suggest Dean at Theros down at Warrenton and Mark at Gaithersburg Ford. Gathersburg also sells Kubota's and seemed to have good prices. In fact that's how I eventaully got to a NH (went looking for a Kubota and left with a NH). Both are fine machines though...

Peter

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #8  
Roy,
I purchased mine from High View Sales Inc. in High View West VA it is only 5 minutes over the line maybe about a 15 minute drive past Winchester Equipment. My price form them was $700 less. Buying out of state may also save you on state sales tax. Ask for Frank he will deal with you he has plenty of inventory and is very accomodating tell him Jeff Sykes sent you. (540) 858-3408 or (304) 856-2514
Good Luck.

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #9  
Heck, you can also go up to Antietam Tractor just NE of Hagerstown, MD. They sell both NH and Kubota. I have boughten some of my implements from them and they seem to be some really nice people.

I work in NOVA and travel the 287/9/7 route every day. Hey, come to think of it, a guy in Lovettsville is selling Kioti if you didn't know that.

Terry

/ Kubota v New Holland??? #10  
So, here's all those new kubota's I've been seeing whey I dirve to Leesburg on Saturday. I live near Waterford and have noted a couple new kubota's on the rt 662 out of Waterford to Leesburg. I recently joined the kubota club with a b7500 hsd with fel. I shopped around an got the best price from Antietem. I found the price in Purcellvile to be almost 2k higher than I got from Antietem. I found prices at Purcellvile to be higher on everything....Its a shame the closest dealer is the highest price. Antietem also beat Frederick's price on the same unit and attachments by a couple hundred bucks.

We've got enough new Kubota owners w/i a couple miles to have our own convention. I'm very pleased with the tractor.

nhman