kubota vs. Kioti?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #11  
They are the same color, both good. Kubota is the one I'd want.

You need to go look at both and buy the one you like!

Last edited:
   / kubota vs. Kioti? #12  
Keep in mind that the 2 machines you mentioned are dedicated TLBs and Kioti doesn't make one. You can add a BH to any tractor, but it isn't quite the same as a dedicated one.

Ditto.

Not even a fair comparison for the kioti....

The loaders spec out nearly identical.

Total operation weight is similar at around 7k

But.....Lets talk about them backhoes....

............................................L39.....................................kioti DK40 w/hoe
Dipper diging force...............3800#.........................................2000#
Bucket force........................5800#.........................................3700#
Reach.................................160"...........................................130"
Digging depth........................10'.............................................8'

Not to mention the L39 will likely be faster, with about 50% more GPM of flow...

Not even fair at all. A fairer comparision would be Grand L3940 with BH attachment. But then you are nearing the price of a L39, with a weaker loader and smaller hoe.

Price wise, the kubota is going to be around 40k. Not sure what the kioti's run, but withOUT the hoe, I think they are around 25k, so add the hoe and your looking at low to mid 30's.

I'd say about a 6-7k savings going with kioti, but if you are serious about BH work, the L39 IMO is going to be worth the extra...

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #14  
I've owned my Kioti DK for 12 years and it has been an excellent tractor,
But like has been said. The L39 is more of a commercial duty TLB.
Kioti does not offer anything that competes directly with an L39.

Last edited:
   / kubota vs. Kioti? #15  
I think they are around 25k, so ??? I paid 20500 with loaded tires welded bucket hooks and tooth bar and 2 remote. 28507.40 with BH.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #16  
I think they are around 25k, so ??? I paid 20500 with loaded tires welded bucket hooks and tooth bar and 2 remote. 28507.40 with BH.

How long ago did you get yours??

I was just basing off what tractor house has listed. New DK40's with FEL for ~25k and in the adds quotes that say "will not be undersold"

So.......Thats all I know.

And my 40k guesstimate was just kubota's MSRP, so realistically on that one....maybe $35k-$38k???

Either way, I know the DK40 TLB would be cheaper, but in this case, it is also lesser machine.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #17  
bought it 2011,,, you out of work?

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #18  
Either way, I know the DK40 TLB would be cheaper, but in this case, it is also lesser machine. True but the DK is not a TLB its a tractor with a BH attachment.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #19  
bought it 2011,,, you out of work?

Yep

True but the DK is not a TLB its a tractor with a BH attachment.

Yep as well.

All depends on what the OP wants. IF he wants a tractor loader with an occasional job for a hoe, save some $$ and get the DK. But if he is serious about doing a significant about of BH work, on a daily or weekly basis, the DK dont even compare.

/ kubota vs. Kioti? #20  
Yep

Yep as well.

All depends on what the OP wants. IF he wants a tractor loader with an occasional job for a hoe, save some $$ and get the DK. But if he is serious about doing a significant about of BH work, on a daily or weekly basis, the DK dont even compare.

Sorry to hear about work, **** you just started there too.