Kubota VS Mahindra Max

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #11  
I stated several times that the only difference between this older BX and the 2013 model was only sheet metal. Correct me if I am wrong and I will apologize

Well lets see, YOU ARE VERY WRONG
The new 2013 BX is now the 70 series and features the following:

- Foldable ROPS. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )
- Deluxe high back seat with folding arm rests. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )
- Holigen head lights. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )
- The pedal layout has changed. The brake is now on the left side of the operators platform giving the operator much more room. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )
- The new BX has an RPM guage and all new instrumentation. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )
- cruise control. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )
- Cup holder
- AC power outlet
- Optional quick change for the FEL. ( The BX you used did not have at the time. )

You mentioned in your video about the location of the Mahindra's radiator. Well here's the reason for Kubotas radiators location:

The BX-Series radiator is positioned in the middle of the tractor rather than the front. So, airflow is taken in from the operator area and pushed towards the front of the hood. This reduces overheating, prevents grass from getting in the radiator grill and helps the operator stay cooler.

Now compare these features to the older BX that's in your video and tell me if its only the sheet metal that different. If your going to use an older Kubota then you should use and older Mahindrea to make a more accurate comparison.

Now do another video using your new Mahindra and the new Kubota BX and then we'll get a true comparison. To be a good salesman you need to know what the competition has out there and its clear you do not know.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #12  
Actually, the BX2200 you show was the very first rendition of a ground breaking subcompact tractor. Few things on that tractor, including the frame, rear end, front axle, floor and operator's station, seat, controls, brakes, hood, engine, transmission, hydraulic system, front loader, back hoe, mower deck, front wheels, 3 point hitch, electrical system, steering wheel, cruise control, instrumentation, and ROPS are the same as the current model. Essentially, the new models are pretty much totally different tractors with very few parts that will interchange. The BX is now actually BUILT in Gainesville, Ga. in a very sizeable manufacturing facility. Parts come from all over, but it's not just assembled from a knock-down kit.

I see what you mean. I just checked out a new BX at a farm show and the main functional differences are the steering(still out front) the rear links(still inner chains that make attaching PTO implements a pain), the deck (non drive over stamped steel) and driveline(not a real tractor drive case with the HUMP). I did like the new sheet metal though :)

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max
"The max is a nice tractor. And sure, there are some things I like about it better than the bota. But I really do like these professional videos that are well put together. Just pointing out differences and none of the "bashing".

Mahindra could make a video, highlight the areas that theirs is better, save the bashing and BS, just be honest. And then a customer shopping for one of these can watch BOTH videos and have it made. They would only have to decide WHAT is the most important to them, and pick accordingly."
Here it is LD1. I had to do it because of all the misleading information. Hope it doesn't get ugly. I am not a jerk, just felt violated when Kubota corporate didn't allow comments on their bashing video.
The Mahindra Max Advantage - No more BX - YouTube

I did not know how many lug wheels on a SCUT were so important. I have not seen or heard of anyone shearing off the wheel studs on a BX. You sound like a JD salesman talking about the tie rod ends. It can see daylight between the engine and trans on the Max, that is not like a "traditional tractor." I like how there is a nice big hump in the middle of the floor board to drag your feet over. Why did you say it was made in the US and then say it was made in Japan? The Kubota BX is made in Georgia. You were using a 13 year old tractor to compare to a new tractor. The hood latch has been updated on the BX. I would like to see how easy the hood is to open on a Max with a grill guard and loader like Kubota showed in the video. Kubota has the radiator in the back so it does not blow dust on the operator. Why does Mahindra always show their lifting specs at the pivot when everyone else shows 500mm for the loader and 24'' for the 3PH, that is not a fair comparison. Why doesn't the Max have fender that cover the rear tires? That thing will throw mud all over the operator. The BX is a diesel so it has a fuel tank not a gas tank. The BX has a tachometer. I noticed you did not say anything about the Maxs deck adjustment, gear shifter, or cup holder placement like the Kubota video mentioned. The majority of the stuff you were complaining about has been changed on the newer BX. The Mahindra Max is not a SCUT is a compact that is comparable to a B series Kubota. I still have not figured out how a BX is a lawn mower. I would like to see you do so of the stuff a BX is capable of with a lawn mower. Kubota was not bashing it was all true facts.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #14  
"The max is a nice tractor. And sure, there are some things I like about it better than the bota. But I really do like these professional videos that are well put together. Just pointing out differences and none of the "bashing".

Mahindra could make a video, highlight the areas that theirs is better, save the bashing and BS, just be honest. And then a customer shopping for one of these can watch BOTH videos and have it made. They would only have to decide WHAT is the most important to them, and pick accordingly."
Here it is LD1. I had to do it because of all the misleading information. Hope it doesn't get ugly. I am not a jerk, just felt violated when Kubota corporate didn't allow comments on their bashing video.

Good grief, the attitude of the moderator alone would keep me from buying a Mahindra. I can't say I cared much for the one by Kubota either, but it was no where near as snarky and dismissive as the one by Mahindra. I just happen to have a BX2200 as used in the video "comparison" as well as the more modern BX2660 and THEY ARE NOT THE SAME TRACTOR as has been pointed out by others. Good grief, have a little integrity. I like my BX2200, but it is not as good of a machine as the improved BX60 Series. Oh, news flash Mahindra the 60 Series has the same weak rubber side discharge your Max does, I like the metal one on my my BX2200, I see neithr as an "improvement" and imagine many would prefer stout metal, nine plus years of heavy use and no problems.

I think Bxpanded put it better than I, so I won't comment further; good grief.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #15  
The max does look like a nice tractor.

I agree that some of these videos are more crap then content. Your version shovels it with the best of them.

It was so wrong to use a beat up looking 10 year old BX2200 and compare it to a shiny new Mahindra. Do you keep that sad neglected looking tractor around to make the Max look good ?

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #16  
... save the bashing and BS, just be honest ... I am not a jerk...

Dude, these are your own words. Then the opening screen in your video crosses out "BX" and inserts "BS" over the other product name. The old saying about first impressions is true. If you want to make a video comparing features, great, but when the very first thing it does is make a childish insult regarding the other product, nothing that follows has any credibility. Kids do that kind of stuff in 8th grade, but even your average "jerk" figures out how dumb that is by high school.

Last edited:
   / Kubota VS Mahindra Max #17  
That was enjoyable to watch. I like his passion for the mahindra and it looks like a nice machine but I can see each others points. The hood on the mahindra when it has a fel and grill guard looks awkward. The lack of cup holders should be addressed and the comeback about don't smoke on the kubota was hilarious!

I am not brand loyal. If I was in the market I'd check both brands out

Brett

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #18  
The max does look like a nice tractor.

I agree that some of these videos are more crap then content. Your version shovels it with the best of them.

It was so wrong to use a beat up looking 10 year old BX2200 and compare it to a shiny new Mahindra. Do you keep that sad neglected looking tractor around to make the Max look good ?

Be interesting if the Max could even last the 10 years the Bota did.

/ Kubota VS Mahindra Max #20  
It appears some of the first rules of marketing have been violated here. I am a Kubota fan and have been for 20 + years. Everyone targets Kubota as it is the big dog on the compact tractor block. Kubotas are not perfect but they generally are reliable, effective, and long-lived, and they retain their value. The used market for older high quality tractors is strong, look at used John Deeres, Kubotas, and other long-lived brands. There is a reason they have stayed around for so long and have loyal followings. Kioti struggled to live down the early manufactured units that were not the value tractors that engender repeat customers and loyalty. No machine is perfect, but performance over time weeds out the inferior models. One of the biggest pluses for Kubota is local dealers and support. For 20 years my local dealer was only 8 miles from my home. Alas, it was a family business and they sold out last year and retired. Now my closest local dealer is about 20 miles away. Still, it is closer than any other tractor dealer and my experiences with service, which have been very limited, have been positive.