Comparison Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #31  
They are the same tractors with different hoods.

I submit that you are absolutely wrong, misinformed, and/or disingenuous to make a statement like that without actually having seen, examined, AND test driven an actual LS branded tractor.

You are a dealer trying to sell something. Obviously you would want to sell something that is more expensive, has a higher markup, and that you have on your lot. We are users and many of us are looking for the most bang for the buck (although there are some that don't care about the bucks, but only the color). At any rate, by your own admission, you do NOT have an actual LS branded tractor on your lot, nor have you actually examined one. To say that the CNH tractor is the same as the LS branded tractor is like saying the Yanmar tractors are the same as John Deere's. Come on, you can do better than that.

Now, for some on this forum, this really is their first rodeo (their first time owning a tractor) and they've come here looking for good, solid advice. Not a bunch of mumbo-jumbo from some salesman who's never even looked at one of the actual tractors under discussion. As for me, I dang sure didn't fall off the tater truck last night and this ain't my first rodeo. I've been running tractors for fifty years. My family has farms in Alabama and Missouri and I deal with multiple tractors every day in my job as one of the maintenance managers at a University with an in-house Grounds dept. and a University-owned Agricultural Research farm.

And you state:"whats comming from LS is not up to par with ISM, Kubota, Deere, etc." I HAVE examined and tested the actual LS branded tractors vs. Kubota, Deere, Case IH, and Mahindra. What you say MIGHT be somewhat true for a contract built tractor, built to a specific price point for a third party, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Right now in our machine sheds at work, I've got JD 4520, 5105, 6415, and three more I can't remember the models numbers, Case IH 695 & 4210, Case 580 Super L 4wd TBL, and Kubota L4630 (three each) and two brand new L4740's. That's a lot of hands-on, in your face experience, and I see how these tractors handle and hold up doing lots of different tasks, and enduring lots of different operators. My best friend bought a Kubota MX5100, and I've checked that model out thoroughly. And I've been studying and looking at the Mahindras for a couple of years, and have test driven several.

That being said, the LS i3040 and R4020 are better equipped, from the factory, than ANY of those tractors I've named above. And, as best as I can tell, without actually owning one and using it long term, but giving them the same examinations and test runs we've given these other tractors before we bought them, they are of comparable quality to any of them, and personally, for my uses, I rate the LS branded tractors better than some of them.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #32  
..I'm not here to change your mind. Just thought maybe the input from someone who works with these things every minute of everyday and happens to live 20 minutes from NH's corporate offices and talks with product managers frequently might have somthing worth sharing. Apparently not. You do realize that these posts have ZERO impact on my day to day business so I have no financial incentive for trying to sway someones opinion.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #33  
Ok, I don't have a dog in this fight one way or the other. But, I do have an interest in honesty.

The fact is that Messick's statement is misleading. He does not sell an LS tractor as stated. He sells a CNH model built by LS. They are two different things. While technically, it is an LS built tractor, they build what CNH contracts them to build. This is different than building their own line to their own specs and standards.

Further;

I'm not here to change your mind.
Says the Kubota dealer....
Just thought maybe the input from someone who works with these things every minute of everyday
But has never seen the tractor/line in question. How does that work?
happens to live 20 minutes from NH's corporate offices
And this has what to do with the discussion at hand?
talks with product managers frequently might have somthing worth sharing.
And sell a product that directly competes with the LS line. Nah, they wouldn't be biased.
You do realize that these posts have ZERO impact on my day to day business
Not buying it. You are here to represent your dealership. I am sure that you do so in hopes of getting equipment and or parts sales from having your name out there and being involved. Nothing wrong with that, but call a spade a spade.
so I have no financial incentive for trying to sway someones opinion.
Sure you do. Saying anything else is just being a salesman. You understandably want to steer people towards your higher margin lines and items. Sure, making the customer happy is important, but I doubt you stay in business by minimizing your profits to make customers happy.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #34  
I just assumed this guy was part of ownership.Now I find out this guy is nothing more then a salesman.

From my experience over the years,I have found that most salesman have a vested interest in selling you the product that gives them the largest commission.In other words from my experience your best interests are not necessarily their best interests.
I am a salesman's worse night mare,I am a growing group of people that are very informed before I make a large purchase. Because of the ease of getting information over the internet,I believe more and more customers know as much or more about a certain products then most salesman.I have over the last few years studied a product so throughly that most salesman do not have a clue when I ask them informed questions.
Salesman to me have become an unnecessary evil,in most cases. Granted their are some that are honest and try to help lead you in the right direction. But most have only their interest at heart.
The worst experience in buying a new car or tractor is getting swooped on by an over bearing,often poorly informed salesman.Very often over the years I have wished that salesman just did not exist. Finding an honest knowledgeable salesman is a breath of fresh air. Because a truly good one can really help you.From reading this guys posts I would not buy anything from him. I live in Pennsylvania,and have traveled several hundred miles to get a good buy(especially when it is for items that cost thousands). So for this guy to say that he receives no financial loss,from his statements on the internet,is naive to say the least. It just convinces me that he is just another self serving salesman that does not have a clue.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #35  
All I have to add is LS has been rebranding tractors for years and I haven't seen a difference between the previous rebrands, I doubt they have retooled to make a cheaper CNH since they already sell a low price machine.

/ Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors #36  
as an LS dealer, new holland has never made anything for the company, its the other way arround