Kubota vs Massey

/ Kubota vs Massey #11  
I found it interesting to observe this post. Noticing that the comments are all made for the most part by folks all from the Eastern half of the US or Canada. Out here in California, I thought Massey was pretty much out of business as they just aren't seen anymore. I have yet to see any new MF's used in agriculture. By far the JD's dominate the landscape here with Case and Cat a ways behind. Last week while driving up Interstate 5 which passes through the agriculture heart of the state, I noticed the Kubotas making a showing. The crops here are so varied from rice to grapes, cotton to almonds that I am sure there are specific tractors best for every usage. Its interesting to see what goes on and the sheer physical size of some of the equipment working on hundreds and thousands of acres. I have noticed that the Cat tread tractors have been becoming more visible. The fields here are typically used here year round. Rat...

/ Kubota vs Massey
Looks like the decision will probably come down to price and dealer service. I'll be testing both in the next week so perhaps something will stand out on one or the other.