kubota vs new holland

/ kubota vs new holland #1  

victor

Tractor
New Holland/TC25D
Have the chance to purchase a 16hp Kubota B7300HSD 4wd w/ 52 hrs or a brand new 18hp New Holland tc18 4wd for $220 less. Main uses are field mowing four acres w/ bush hog and garden tilling. Any ideas on what is the better buy?

/ kubota vs new holland #2  
I`d buy the NH tc18.
NH are just as good as Kubota`s, I have a NH 1220 I`d like to get a tc 18 or 21 but can`t justify it. My 1220 only has 2700 hours on it ,it`s just getting broken in now.

/ kubota vs new holland #3  
Have you had a chance to drive each of them? For that price difference, buy the one you like best. They're both good tractors.

Bird

/ kubota vs new holland #4  
Victor,
Yes, to part of what Bird said. It is very important to drive both, I did. Another important piece is the dealer, you'll be dealing with that business for a while, how do they treat you answer questions, etc. With that said, you are not comparing apples with apples. The TC 18, which I decided to buy has better specs/capacities. First, don't forget that with the TC you really get 18.5 hp and 14 hp at the pto (if it is hydro, 15 if gear) the B7300 is 16 hp with 12.5 at the pto, that extra on the TC could help with the 4' bush hog which is recommended for the TC. The TC's 3 pt hitch is rated to lift 1265 lbs at 24" behind the 3 pt vs 860 lbs on the B7300. The TC has true position control vs the B7300 that does not have it. In addition,
the TC may have power steering, you didn't mention, it is available on the TC but not the B7300. Rated rpm on the TC is 2600 vs the B7300 2900, some say lower rpm to get more hp is less friction/wear & tear. I don't regret buying my TC 18, I only have about 50 hours on it but it has been a great workhorse. If the TC is gear, you have another decision to make, mine is Hydro and I really like the hydro. When I bought in my area I was able to buy the TC new for $100 less than a new B7300 so my decision was a no brainer after I drove them both and looked over their sales brochures. Try a search on this board and the archives for TC 18, I have posted positive comments about mine in both areas. Good Luck, JimBinMI

/ kubota vs new holland #5  
I agree with Bird, and JimBinMI. Buy which one you like, and I think the newholland is a good tractor also. I bought because of price, and features that newholland has on them. Also, the dealer was the most reputubale one around. However, if it was me, I probably would buy new for the price difference, and that's just me. How old is the kubota, remaining or any warranty on it? JimbinMi is right though if you buy the tc18 consider the hydro, as most of us on this board might agree on, it does simplify things, but buy gear or hydro depending on your needs, and which ever tractor you like the best.

/ kubota vs new holland #6  
You have to fill us in on details. If you are comparing hydro to gear, there IS no comparison - you should buy the 7300. On the other hand,if they are both hydro, I can't see why you would pass up the blue one. That 50 hours on the 7300 may have been abusive (no warmup, no respect for breakin ), so in that 50 hours the life of the machine may have been cut in half - you just don't know. Mainly because of that, IF both are hydro I would buy the TC. On the other hand, I feel so strongly that hydro is superior that if the TC is gear I would take my chances that the 7300 was not abused in its infancy, and go for orange.

/ kubota vs new holland #7  
PaulB - Ditto.

(I'm practicing. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif)

/ kubota vs new holland #9  
There's always at least one... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ kubota vs new holland
Thanks folks for your input. I have another question concerning the new holland tc series. Please go to buying ford/NH.