Comparison Kubota vs NH vs JD

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #11  
This is like a Ford-Dodge-Chevy thing in 3/4 ton 4x4's. Comes down more to the particulars you like in vehicle, or tractor.

Try all three, and see what floats your boat.

When I jumped to a higher HP tractor(19hp to a 40hp), I jumped boat from Kubota to New Holland. Part of it was availability in the used market. I still like Kubota, and would look at all the tractors available in my area before buying.

As mentioned above, a good dealer helps some times. Not just a dealer, but a good dealer. Service, parts, ect.

FWIW, my wife likes the NH, even after using similar size and feature Kubota's at work.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD
Then, what about parts? Is it easy to find aftermarket stuff for them?

On loaders, would it be just as good using a Bush Hog loader, or is a Kubota loader worth the extra coin?

Honestly, I can use a JD, NH, Kubota, MF just as well as the next as long as it is adequately powered. It's not being used to make a living, just maintain about 300 acres and cutting hay a few times a year. So, the most difficult task it would see is maybe dragging some offsets around 60-100 acres max, and cutting about the same amount for hay and rolling it into 5 or 6 foot bales....

So, really, the most important thing is cost of ownership as I am sure most of the newer models are pretty close in regards to options and usability. The only thing I am not sure of is how reliable they are, how expense they are to fix (think complexity of the tractor increasing repair costs), what parts cost, and if there are aftermarket replacement parts available for some of the components like our older NH's.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #14  
seems like a heck of a price.

And on that note, I would bring a friend with me to look at any used piece of machinery, no matter what the price was. I was looking at a John Deere 450, at a fair price, but I don't know much about dozer's, so I brought my Friend George with me, he immediately pointed out the sharp tips, on the drive sprockets, and explained to me that in his opinion those sharp points indicated more wear on the machine than the 2300 hrs advertised. He politely pointed this out to the seller, and we agreed to pass. I would have never noticed that. I am looking for oil leaks, and smoke, and tire wear on Tractors, I would not notice anything more complicated. I bet if you ask the kubota dealer nearby, he would give a hand, after all you might be a new customer for him.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #15  
So, really, the most important thing is cost of ownership as I am sure most of the newer models are pretty close in regards to options and usability.

You're going to be able to find aftermarket on any Kubota, JD or NH easily. I would think all are pretty close in reliability as well. I've never had a Kubota, but I hear great things about them. A close friend of mine has a Kubota in the 100HP range and he's quite happy with it. My father in law works with NH in that size range regularly and he's not a fan, but many many here are, so I would think they are fine.

The only one that I can speak about from experience is the JD. I have a 5101E (101hp) and it has been fantastic. I won't go into too much detail, but to touch on the part of your quote above, one thing that I really like about my 5101 is the economy mode PTO. When using implements that don't require the full 86 PTO HP, I can turn on the economy PTO and run a full 540 PTO rpm at just 1700 engine rpm. That saves quite a bit in fuel. I average 1.4 gallons per hour, last I checked. I don't know if Kubota and NH offer that, but if they do, I'd look into tractors with that option. If you want more information on the JD 5101E, do a search on my name and you'll find a post I started about a 5101 review. It has plenty of info on it.

Good luck.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD
I just realized, the tractor is actually a 2008 model that is still under manufactures warranty.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #17  
thats about the going price for that machine with the hours and no loader....good machine all around.

/ Kubota vs NH vs JD #18  
All good machines. Main thing is condition. Kubota has a good resale value but when you get much above 45HP many people do not think about them.

Chris