Kubota vs Ranger

/ Kubota vs Ranger #21  
My 825i isn't terrible...it's getting over 18 mpg. On the trips I've taken up here with friends it's not any worse on fuel than their Sportman's and it's much better on fuel than my friend's RZR.....it's all relative I guess.

Good point. I suppose for the power they do pretty well.

/ Kubota vs Ranger #22  
IMG_0438[1].jpg

this is a spray rig I set up on my RTV 500 to use this weekend.. with water at 8.35 # per gal I had over 460# in water weight alone.. the machine was more than strong enough to tote that weight around about the same as when it's empty.. and like others said with the open diff did not mess up any grass or anything.. but when it comes to speed and trail riding,, that's not its strong point..

/ Kubota vs Ranger #23  
If trail riding is important then you will want to seriously consider the Ranger.

/ Kubota vs Ranger #24  
I concur that the 400 ranger is very good on fuel. Lots of fun but also can do some work with it too.

/ Kubota vs Ranger #25  
If you are counting your fuel consumption in MPG then you definitely want a Ranger or anything else other than a Kubota, but if you gauge it by hours on the tachometer like a tractor, then perhaps a Kubota RTV is your right choice. Kubota's are work vehicles and don't do well at top end speeds, but do haul a heck of a load and in low range will pull as much or more than most CUT or SCUTs in their weight range. I have pulled out logs with my 900 RTV as big as my B26 will pull without any problems. I find the ride more comfortable than the JD gator GTX (?) my brother in law has and top speed is about the same with both. The belt drive wont pull much without slipping either. I cant compare to a Ranger having never driven one of those.

/ Kubota vs Ranger #26  
If you are concerned about fuel consumption and can live with 25 mph top speed, go test drive a Polaris EV.

30 hp AC motor and eight 12V deep cycle batteries.

Hard top and glass tilt out windshield
P9250012.JPG P9250022.JPG

1400 pound tow rating.
P8060001.JPG

500 pound dump bed rating.
Sure glad I don't have to start one of my diesels for this job!
PA090004.JPG

Very stable on side hills.
30 degrees of body lean on this 50% slope.
PA070001.JPG

Good articulation.
PB090007.JPG

More pictures here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/287792-electric-polaris-ranger.html

/ Kubota vs Ranger #27  
Man, xfaxman, you are really trying to sell those EV rangers! haha. Not that I mind one bit, I like hearing about your experience with it. Wish you could rate the battery capacity for us in terms of miles/hours though.

When did you switch to those ag-type rear tires?

/ Kubota vs Ranger #28  
Man, xfaxman, you are really trying to sell those EV rangers! haha. Yep, just trying to spread the joy of ownership! :D Not that I mind one bit, I like hearing about your experience with it. Wish you could rate the battery capacity for us in terms of miles/hours though. I haven't tried to keep track. It doesn't have an odometer, just the hour meter.

When did you switch to those ag-type rear tires? About a month ago. They don't throw gravel off the driveway like the Carlisles did.
We had a twin cylinder gas engine,
PC150008.JPG

Traded for a 3 cylinder diesel,
P4040009.JPG

Traded for this no cylinder 30hp AC induction motor.
PB090001.JPG
Gonna keep this one! :thumbsup:

/ Kubota vs Ranger #30  
What size are those tires on your Ranger and do they rub at all?
Replaced the Carlisle 25-9.5-12, All Trail II, with Interco Interforce 27-7.5-14, 6 ply, 2" narrower, 2" bigger diameter.

The pictures show it with two tires in the ditch and the other two near max travel. No rub so far.

The EV's front and rear tires were the same width.