Kubota Xmas present?

/ Kubota Xmas present? #21  
I suggested the extra lighting in an earlier post, but I also have a Bro-Tek skid plate mounted on my BX25. Since there is a MMM involved, I would consider the Bro-Tek version of the skid plate as it has a rotating access door for the MMM PTO shaft to fit through without having to remove the rear skid plate. The skid plate was one of the first things I bought after I got the tractor even though Kubota updated the factory fan protection. Eventually I plan to get the additional Bro-Tek forward skid plate too because I can get a little carried away when pushing brush and other junk with the loader and the extra protection would give me a bit less to worry about. That one, however, must come off when using the MMM. It's easy and quick to remove and put on though.

/ Kubota Xmas present?
So I think we ( my mother and I ) are going to split the cost of some accessory lights and re painting and a service on his tractor. He has about 500 +\- hours on it and I imagine he will keep it forever. I just had mine painted last week and it came out so nice I figured he would like his to look new again as well. One thing I noticed about his is that his loader does not have the power to lift his front wheels off the ground. I think this is something that needs to be looked at.

/ Kubota Xmas present? #24  
Tomtint said:
So I think we ( my mother and I ) are going to split the cost of some accessory lights and re painting and a service on his tractor. He has about 500 +\- hours on it and I imagine he will keep it forever. I just had mine painted last week and it came out so nice I figured he would like his to look new again as well. One thing I noticed about his is that his loader does not have the power to lift his front wheels off the ground. I think this is something that needs to be looked at.

Very nice gift. He'll be really happy with that. He will also be reminded of both of you every time he gets on the tractor. See if you can post some before and after pictures to share with the rest of us and maybe a shot of Dad with the tractor too.

Paul

/ Kubota Xmas present? #25  
My, it does sound like a nice gift....yet I wonder if the cost of a paint job and decals would not be better spent on an implement or accessory he could use. Of course everyones needs are different.

If you are planning to have it serviced at a dealer have them check the hydraulic pressure to the loader. Kubota makes a shim kit to adjust the pressure and several here have said theirs was set low at the factory.

MarkV

/ Kubota Xmas present?
Started the work on the refinishing of the BX. Now if I can just figure out how to post pics from a IPad again I will.

/ Kubota Xmas present? #29  
It looks better than new. What all did you have done to it?

/ Kubota Xmas present?
It looks better than new. What all did you have done to it?

I pulled all the painted orange metal off it, sanded primed painted and cleared it. While it was apart, I changed all the fluids and all filters. Hence my question about the hydro screen location.