Kubota ZD 1511 performance

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance #1  

Cable Guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota ZD 331,Kubota L 3800l tractor, kubota zd 1511.
Hello, so far so good with the new ZD 1511 72". Few things I want to talk about and that is stability on hills, cut quality, ride and overall performance.

First up, STABILITY. Im not sure how they did it but compared to the ZD 331 this thing sticks so much better to hill sides than ever before. It's highly noticeable and I am more confident. Although I will say the front end is lighter and I have had it lift off the ground on severe hill inclines but nothing to worry about. Big difference must be the width of the front caster assembly. It's wide.
Cut quality seems great over the ZD 331. I will post a picture of some grass I cut yesterday. Stripes very well. I will say it needs more air flow for better discharge but it's ok for now.
Now to an important feature that is most noticeable to me and that is the air ride seat. WOW. It's one of those never go back to the way it was before things. You can really dial it in for you're specific weight so that it performs the way it should.
Very happy also that it has completed its first regen with no hiccups also. I believe it was around 14 hr mark. Wouldn't even know it was happening except for the light being on. Power is incredible, no lack and engine runs very quiet even at full throttle. o
The neighbor to a lawn I was mowing thought it was electric from a distance. The 4 cylinder cranks 2600 rpm at full throttle.
Overall very happy with purchase. I can see the changes and how they are much better than previous year models. Yes it's a bit more money but I'm thinking longevity will be even better as my 331 has been in service for 11 yrs and 3000 hrs. Hope this help anyone wanting to no more about this machine. Thanks. Dave. IMG_5847.JPGIMG_5846.JPG

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance
IMG_5825.JPGIMG_5805.JPG
Couple more pics. Is there a way to add video on here? I have some good footage of it cutting grass.

Thanks

IMG_5929.JPG
Laying down some stripes tonight.
55 hrs. No complaints. Awesome machine!!

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance #6  
... the new ZD 1511 72"...

First up, STABILITY. Im not sure how they did it but compared to the ZD 331 this thing sticks so much better to hill sides than ever before ... Although I will say the front end is lighter and I have had it lift off the ground on severe hill inclines but nothing to worry about. Big difference must be the width of the front caster assembly. It's wide ...

I'm sure the heavier 4cyl Engine acts like a SeaSaw on steep banks : making front end much lighter.

Kubota widened the front axle 7" compared to the ZD331 :D
& it's really stabil on hills & also keeps the 72" deck sides from digging in when people cuts lower than 3"

FINE MACHINES

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance #7  
I'm sure the heavier 4cyl Engine acts like a SeaSaw on steep banks : making front end much lighter.

Kubota widened the front axle 7" compared to the ZD331 :D
& it's really stabil on hills & also keeps the 72" deck sides from digging in when people cuts lower than 3"

FINE MACHINES

Can you post some pics of the hills you are mowing with it please. Curious of the slope degree for comparison.

Thanks!

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance #8  
IMG_1620.JPG

Old Pic from before grass got green.
I mow up & down this bank.
You can see where I quit mowing on right side of Chicken Houses because it's way too steep for a Zero.

I Bush Hog that part along with other fields once a month with 4wd Tractor & all 4 tires fluid filled.

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance #9  
View attachment 563701

Old Pic from before grass got green.
I mow up & down this bank.
You can see over on the right where I quit mowing because it's too steep.

I Bush Hog that part once a month with 4wd Tractor & all 4 tires fluid filled.

IMG_5600.JPG

Do you ever do this hill left to right?
Thanks

/ Kubota ZD 1511 performance #10  
Do you know how many degrees it is? It’s hard to judge a hill by a picture but I think I could mow the whole thing on my ZTR.