Buying Advice Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #61  
Thanks Brett, I'll be watching. I'm of same opinion on side discharge. I'm tired of getting filthy dirty when we have a dry spell.

I've run Oregon G6 Gator Mulching Blades almost since day one and really like how fine the cuttings are. I don't bag, I just let cuttings decompose which helps the grass. I'm curious how the Kubota blades perform and if you can get Gator blades for it?

No clue on the gators. I'm not a big lawn guy so I don't stay up on what works. If it lays the grass over I'm happy as can be. Sold our old way very quick and we've been without. Have used the batwing for my front yard if that tells you something. We're about 90 mins from Weimar. If your ever in the area your welcome to come by and try it out for yourself without the pressure of a salesman. You need to see the size of these blades. These mowers are bad. I actually want to get a better yard so I have something to cut

Brett

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #62  
No clue on the gators. I'm not a big lawn guy so I don't stay up on what works. If it lays the grass over I'm happy as can be. Sold our old way very quick and we've been without. Have used the batwing for my front yard if that tells you something. We're about 90 mins from Weimar. If your ever in the area your welcome to come by and try it out for yourself without the pressure of a salesman. You need to see the size of these blades. These mowers are bad. I actually want to get a better yard so I have something to cut

Brett

Which dealer did you buy from Brett. I have a long time relationship with Jeff Virneau and his team at Sealy Tractor in Sealy. I used to have a Kubota B2710 with 72" mid mount mower but, sold it about 3 years ago.

I looked a bit more at the brochure and think I'm inclined towards the ZD1500 with 72" deck and rear discharge. We have 8-9 acres of "yard" around the ranch house and I cut along both sides of our front fence lines along our road so probably 15+ acres on a very regular basis. Is yours the 60" deck?

My present John Deere Z820 has a 60" deck and side discharge.

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #63  
Which dealer did you buy from Brett. I have a long time relationship with Jeff Virneau and his team at Sealy Tractor in Sealy. I used to have a Kubota B2710 with 72" mid mount mower but, sold it about 3 years ago.

I looked a bit more at the brochure and think I'm inclined towards the ZD1500 with 72" deck and rear discharge. We have 8-9 acres of "yard" around the ranch house and I cut along both sides of our front fence lines along our road so probably 15+ acres on a very regular basis. Is yours the 60" deck?

My present John Deere Z820 has a 60" deck and side discharge.

We bought from normangee tractor. Great guys. We didn't look at the 1500 due to the small increase in power but large increase in cost due to the addition of the emissions equipment. You can get the 72" on the 1211 too. Our place isn't smooth enough for that.

Brett

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #64  
We bought from normangee tractor. Great guys. We didn't look at the 1500 due to the small increase in power but large increase in cost due to the addition of the emissions equipment. You can get the 72" on the 1211 too. Our place isn't smooth enough for that.

Brett

Yep, I would certainly consider both 1200 and 1500. If the difference in price is substantial I'd probably go 1200. But I'd sure like the roughly extra 25% in power with all I mow. Before you retire time is money. After you retire .... time is time! I need less mowing time so I can get onto my other projects.

Operationally, I'm not too concerned about the Tier 4 emissions and assume that Kubota uses a "regen" system like our LS XR4046HC tractor?

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #65  
Yep, I would certainly consider both 1200 and 1500. If the difference in price is substantial I'd probably go 1200. But I'd sure like the roughly extra 25% in power with all I mow. Before you retire time is money. After you retire .... time is time! I need less mowing time so I can get onto my other projects.

Operationally, I'm not too concerned about the Tier 4 emissions and assume that Kubota uses a "regen" system like our LS XR4046HC tractor?

I understand. Before you buy like I mentioned come try ours out. We have plenty of thick grass to try it out on if you'd like. I took out a bunch of trees at our house so I can run the batwing nearly everywhere. Use this around the pool, shop and close by the house. Sidewalks don't stand up to being hit with brush hog blades very well.

I like doing tractor stuff but try to be as efficient as I can. Would rather be spending time with my family.

Brett

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #66  
I understand. Before you buy like I mentioned come try ours out. We have plenty of thick grass to try it out on if you'd like. I took out a bunch of trees at our house so I can run the batwing nearly everywhere. Use this around the pool, shop and close by the house. Sidewalks don't stand up to being hit with brush hog blades very well.

I like doing tractor stuff but try to be as efficient as I can. Would rather be spending time with my family.

Brett

I'll stop by Sealy Tractor to discuss and see if this makes sense then I will PM you if I want to come see your ZD 1211.

Can you compare power needs between side and rear discharge say in deep thick grass?

I know what you mean about using a batwing, a couple of years ago, during a wet spring, my yard got away from me and was mostly almost 2' high. Had to bush hog it, let it dry, then mow it again with John Deere. Probably should have baled it except I have too many trees.

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #67  
Brett, I’m still in my “time out” waiting on Kubota to start shipping ZD1211 and ZD1511. I’m told mid-March but, who knows? Hard to believe that they would hold up product for almost 6 months?

Did you chop up leaves with your rear discharge? How did it do?

My John Deere Z820A with Gator mulching blades chops up big oak leaves into very fine pieces. They decompose quickly.

BTW, I was coming back from a trail ride up in the Hill Country back in late September and I stopped at Ewald Kubota, in Seguin, to see what they had. They had both ZD1211 and ZD1511 rear discharge, but 60” decks in stock. The sales guy told me to give both a test drive. The ZD1211 was very impressive and mowed very well. Got on the ZD1511 and was blown away with the air ride seat and the extra power. I think it would mow 4’ High grass at 30 MPH. That visit sold me on the ZD1511, with 72” rear discharge deck.

Thanks.

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #68  
Brett, I’m still in my “time out” waiting on Kubota to start shipping ZD1211 and ZD1511. I’m told mid-March but, who knows? Hard to believe that they would hold up product for almost 6 months?

Did you chop up leaves with your rear discharge? How did it do?

My John Deere Z820A with Gator mulching blades chops up big oak leaves into very fine pieces. They decompose quickly.

BTW, I was coming back from a trail ride up in the Hill Country back in late September and I stopped at Ewald Kubota, in Seguin, to see what they had. They had both ZD1211 and ZD1511 rear discharge, but 60” decks in stock. The sales guy told me to give both a test drive. The ZD1211 was very impressive and mowed very well. Got on the ZD1511 and was blown away with the air ride seat and the extra power. I think it would mow 4’ High grass at 30 MPH. That visit sold me on the ZD1511, with 72” rear discharge deck.

Thanks.

That’s awesome. I haven’t mowed at all to see how it does with leaves but considering how long stuff stays in the chamber I could only imagine it would do very well. Had no idea the 1511 was so different. Kinda glad they didn’t have one at the dealership. Might need to look into changing the seat out

Brett

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #69  
That’s awesome. I haven’t mowed at all to see how it does with leaves but considering how long stuff stays in the chamber I could only imagine it would do very well. Had no idea the 1511 was so different. Kinda glad they didn’t have one at the dealership. Might need to look into changing the seat out

Brett

Brett;

I think I saw on another thread that Kubota will sell you the air ride seat for $1000+ and no credit for the ZD1211 seat.

IMHO the difference in the seats alone is worth the difference in price. The seat on my John Deere Z820A has very little cushion. Seems to be harder on my back every year.

Stopped at my JD dealer Tuesday and they’re still not offering a rear discharge 72” deck on the 2018 JD997 Diesel. RD only available on their 60” deck.

Early indications are that a JD 997 60” rear discharge will be way more $$$ that the Kubota ZD1511 with 72” rear discharge.

We’ll see.