Buying Advice Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #51  
Wow man, that's crazy, and from one of he best Diesel manufacturers in the world. I'm wondering if it was poor dealer prep or you just got a lemon.

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #52  
Holy crap! Man I hate to hear this. I wonder what in the world what happened? When I ran my buddies I got it hot and it was making all kinds of noise from the alarms letting you know. I can't imagine what the failure was the would allow it to get that hot without alarming. I'm getting mine Tuesday morning. Let us know what they say. You got a great price too

Brett

Best I remember when I looked. It about 1 hr on it when I loaded it up. It now has 2.9 hrs on the meter . I did drive it around a little when I got home friday, but it was too late to cut grass until yesterday.
I sure hope I don't get any crap out of this. I'm going to ask for a new mower, but this is the only one he had. I paid cash (check) I guess I could ask for a refund

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #53  
Best I remember when I looked. It about 1 hr on it when I loaded it up. It now has 2.9 hrs on the meter . I did drive it around a little when I got home friday, but it was too late to cut grass until yesterday.
I sure hope I don't get any crap out of this. I'm going to ask for a new mower, but this is the only one he had. I paid cash (check) I guess I could ask for a refund

My neighbor bought a gas mower from kubota about 3 weeks ago. Put 4-5 hrs on it the first weekend and the kawi motor failed and was blowing oil out everywhere. He took it back and they gave him zero issues. He ended up upgraded to a gas commercial kubota and is happy as can be. I'm sure they will make it right but what a headache and nightmare to have to deal with!

Brett

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #54  
What baffles me is, where did all the coolant in the radiator go ?
Only thing I can figure is, the engine was burning the coolant the entire time I was using it

Sorry for the confusion.. Mine is the 1021, not 1211. I was looking at 1211, but changed my mind

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #55  
welcome bigcountry. The Yanmar diesel may have the power, but are those hydrostatic units tough enough? In the early days zero turns
were not that well suited for towing. Maybe things have improved, bigger versions installed. I know there are lots of attachments for
zero turns; one company makes a whole business out of it. If the manual says you can, great. And the big Kubota zt's are tanks.

Thanks much! The hydro on these units is impressive. Kubota used stainless ridgid lines for all the hydraulics, to minimize the possibility of leaks. Now, I won't be skidding logs out of the woods or anything that serious, but wouldn't hesitate to haul a dump cart with some seed, mulch or debris in it and plan to do so. I've had the mower since June, and have been very impressed with it.

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #56  
Thanks much! The hydro on these units is impressive. Kubota used stainless ridgid lines for all the hydraulics, to minimize the possibility of leaks. Now, I won't be skidding logs out of the woods or anything that serious, but wouldn't hesitate to haul a dump cart with some seed, mulch or debris in it and plan to do so. I've had the mower since June, and have been very impressed with it.

Good, and I should have said Kubota diesel not Yanmar. That would give Kubota palpitations...

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #57  
Finally got the mower yesterday. Love it so far but only made about 3 trips around the yard.

Brett

IMG_5545.JPGIMG_5546.JPGIMG_5547.JPG

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #58  
Finally got the mower yesterday. Love it so far but only made about 3 trips around the yard.

Brett

View attachment 520944View attachment 520945View attachment 520946

So, the 1211 is rear discharge? I'm curious to hear from those out there how they like rear discharge and how they might compare it to their prior experience with side discharge?

I've got a JD Z820 with just over 1000 hours but, trying to get to diesel on everything possible since I already have a 300 gallon diesel tank for two tractors.

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #59  
So, the 1211 is rear discharge? I'm curious to hear from those out there how they like rear discharge and how they might compare it to their prior experience with side discharge?

I've got a JD Z820 with just over 1000 hours but, trying to get to diesel on everything possible since I already have a 300 gallon diesel tank for two tractors.

You can get it SD or RD. The RD is not very common at all. I had to order this one in. Everyone is familiar with SD and are comfortable with them. I hate them. They cover you in clippings and dust and you have to cut a certain way to not leave a mess or bog the mower down. So far the RD atleast for us has been a slam dunk. Will update soon after mowing more. I'll also start my kubota conversion thread soon that will document our new stuff.

Brett

/ Kubota ZD1211 or Exmark Lazer Z X series #60  
You can get it SD or RD. The RD is not very common at all. I had to order this one in. Everyone is familiar with SD and are comfortable with them. I hate them. They cover you in clippings and dust and you have to cut a certain way to not leave a mess or bog the mower down. So far the RD atleast for us has been a slam dunk. Will update soon after mowing more. I'll also start my kubota conversion thread soon that will document our new stuff.

Brett

Thanks Brett, I'll be watching. I'm of same opinion on side discharge. I'm tired of getting filthy dirty when we have a dry spell.

I've run Oregon G6 Gator Mulching Blades almost since day one and really like how fine the cuttings are. I don't bag, I just let cuttings decompose which helps the grass. I'm curious how the Kubota blades perform and if you can get Gator blades for it?