Kubota ZD21

/ Kubota ZD21
I can't speak for the BX, but the ZD21 is a grass cutting son-of-a-gun. I'm sure I would be equally pleased with the BX, but all I wanted to do was cut grass, and the ZD is a more comfortable ride, and was $1000.00 less. I am still equally torn between the two. Having had to winch the ZD out of a few mud holes, I can see how the 4wd would be handy.

-Ben

/ Kubota ZD21 #12  
Rodman,
I have both a ZD21 and BX2200. There are pros and cons to both machines, however, the BX2200 is the most universal machine and has the most pros. The biggest advantage I see that the ZD21 has is its ground speed to mow lawn. This machine cuts lawn at about 11mph. The second advantage of the ZD21 is its zero turn abilities, however, many times you can tear turf with this zero turn capability.
Believe it or not, the quality of cut is actully better with the BX2200. My lawn looks like a carpet after mowing with my BX.
There are so many other things that you can do with a tractor that can not be done with the ZD21. You don't realize the things you will want to do with the BX until you have one.
I am thinking serious of trading my ZD21 for another BX2200. However, don't get me wrong, the ZD21 is a great machine, however, it is only a mowing machine. If you want strictly a ZTR machine, buy the ZD21. The machine is better than any other brand sold. I hope this helps.

Jon

/ Kubota ZD21 #13  
"I have both a ZD21 and BX2200. There are pros and cons to both machines, however, the BX2200 is the most universal machine and has the most pros. The biggest advantage I see that the ZD21 has is its ground speed to mow lawn. This machine cuts lawn at about 11mph."

How fast is the BX? Can the BX reasonably mow at full speed?

"Believe it or not, the quality of cut is actully better with the BX2200. My lawn looks like a carpet after mowing with my BX."

Why is it better? Does the ZD leave grass uncut? Are the clippings more visible?

Thanks for your help.

/ Kubota ZD21
I am wondering if the BX is leaving a better cut because of ground speed. I'm sure with the ZD Jon tends to go faster than the BX can cut. Either that, or I wonder if his ZD has a deck alignment issue. am very pleased with the cut on the ZD. It definitly gives yards that "carpet" look.

Hey Jon, which unit do you prefer to cut grass with, and why?

-Ben

/ Kubota ZD21 #15  
Hi! Just thought I'd let you know that both Kubotas are excellent! I have a ZD-18 Kubota(the ZD-21 has larger tires,60" Deck,21hp), the ground speed of either a BX or ZD does affect cut quality(slower the higher the quality of the cut). If I remember right you have 2 acres to do. Speed won't matter much with a 54" or 60" Deck you'll be done in no time! The ZD only mows(its real heavy in the back,that's why no factory hitch,could tip backwards)ZTRs are hard on the lawn in turns if not careful,but if you have long flat straitway of a lawn,plus lots of trimming they are the hot ticket. One note is are you the only one that will run the Kubota? If someone else uses the Kubota are not familiar with ZTRs it can be trouble! BX is easy for just about anyone quite fast, and can do just about anything! Oh,think about trade-in or resale time to, in your area are comm. mowing co. useing ZTR or Tractor,could make a difference at that time. It's a tough call to finalize any choice, I made mine like this. 1. SPEED(ZD),2. PRICE(ZD),3.COMFORT(ZD),4.AGILITY(ZD),5.FUN(ZD). If I was making a list for BX, 1.DO EVERYTHING(BX),2.FRAME THICKNESS(BX),3.EASIER TO TALK ANYONE TO BUY(BX),4.COULD BLOW SNOW IF NEEDED(BX),5.FUN JUST IN MORE POSSIBLE WAYS(BX). Thanks for ZD/BX talk! Andy.

/ Kubota ZD21 #16  
Oh! P.S. I mow for a living I bought the ZD as I need SPEED,but if you don't mow for a living BX is a great choice. If I could have found one reason at all I would have gone BX. Thanks,Andy.

/ Kubota ZD21
Thanks for the input Andy. I bought this unit on 7/24. It now has 22 hrs of pure fun on it.

Attachments

• 16-75413-ZD14.jpg
    16-75413-ZD14.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,445