Kubota ZD331 Mower

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #11  
I've had a ZD21 w/ 60" Pro deck since 2005. It has been a very good machine. A friend with a ZD28 & 72" notes his is more prone to scalping than the ZD21/60" he had previously. I ran a new 326 a little last year and I think the deck/quality of cut has improved since the older Pro deck came out. Also I wish I had the access panel above the deck as the newer units do - maybe I need to cut out mine out as others have done. If the weight of the Kubota does'nt bother you or the fact the controls are not as "quick" as some of the other brands - the Kubota is a hard machine to beat. Lastly, I'd say the $14,600 price you have quoted is pretty close to the bottom.
I modidfied my ZD28 so I can remove the whole footrest area. I cut a slot for the brake and moved a couple of bolts. I got the idea after looking at the newer machines with the access hole.
And to stay on topic, good choice to the op, I love my mower.
I remembered I had done a thread on this mod a while back. This is a pic of the mower the first time I took the deck off. After seeing the dirt and grass under there I prefer the deck removal to cutting a hatch.

Attachments

• 71930d1173559854-zd28-maintenance-hatch-under-deck.jpg
    71930d1173559854-zd28-maintenance-hatch-under-deck.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 824
   / Kubota ZD331 Mower #12  
Congrads - I KNOW you will love the ZD331

I figured out an easier method to get to the grease fittings
Only problem is backing off the hoist in a straight line
The front tires want to spin around and fall off the side

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #13  
Congrads - I KNOW you will love the ZD331

I figured out an easier method to get to the grease fittings
Only problem is backing off the hoist in a straight line
The front tires want to spin around and fall off the side

I especially love the choice of hydration. Hydration is critical to getting work done :thumbsup::licking:;)

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #14  
Now how did that can get into the picture?

You found it, thanks - I was looking for it a while back
However there are always more where that one came from
Used to be with the Honda 4518 it took 6 or more of those cans to finish the lawn. Now with the Kubota it's less than one - to hard to steer while enjoying the sights and dodging the trees plus the last full can ended up all over me

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower
$13,300 is an excellent price on that machine. Approx. 15% off list is typically the best discount anyone gets.

After taking delivery almost 2 weeks ago, I have to say the Kubota ZD331 with 72" Pro Commercial deck is one heck of a mower --- very fast and very nice cut. I'm amazed at how little fuel it uses and mowing time has been cut by more than 50% and may get better with experience. Heck, my seat time may get way less because my wife really likes the mower.
No regrets so far, and seems to be a very good choice for a large zero turn mower. Thanks again for all the advice given above. :)

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #16  
Awesome! Thanks for the follow up here. It's always good to hear experience after a few test drives. I'm thinking I'll order my zd326 in 60" in a few weeks. I got some good financial news this week and hope I can finally pull the trigger. I'm seriously considering the rear discharge...

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower
Awesome! Thanks for the follow up here. It's always good to hear experience after a few test drives. I'm thinking I'll order my zd326 in 60" in a few weeks. I got some good financial news this week and hope I can finally pull the trigger. I'm seriously considering the rear discharge...
My neighbor got a ZD326-60 side discharge two years ago and it is an awesome mowing machine. They are built so rugged and relatively quiet running. Zero problems to date.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #18  
Sunnyside360, Glad to hear the ZD331 is doing well for you! If you mow in extremely dusty conditions, just keep an eye on the air filter. The local dealer here notes that dirty air seems to be the number one reason for engine troubles. He has several commercial guys running the ZD series machines that have 4000 to 5000 hrs. on these machines - so far. One guy is on his 3rd deck, same mower. His is one of the older ZD's with a stamped deck.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #19  
Was wondering how the guy can be on his 3rd cutting deck until you mentioned the older ones had a stamped deck. Looks as if the deck on my ZD326 will last forever, they are fabricated and very well built.

Dusty, WIX has a direct cross for both the outside element and inside air cleaner elements.

I picked up a few Kubota filters at the dealer
Outside air, Engine, Charge pump, HST for the tune of $145.00
Next time they will be the WIX cross reference filters

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #20  
I picked up a few Kubota filters at the dealer
Outside air, Engine, Charge pump, HST for the tune of $145.00
Next time they will be the WIX cross reference filters
That's almost 3X what those for the earlier ZD series are. The parts man forewarned me of that in case I was thinking of trading up to the new series.

Last edited: