Kubota

/ Kubota
Thanks for the 25 hp. I'm looking at a 4wd for $9600. Is that enough to do some posthole digging - box blade work and arena dragging, mowing, etc. in sandy soil (5 acres)?

/ Kubota #13  
Ditto.

(Somehow, I never can express myself as concisely as Bird...)

/ Kubota #14  
Lets open up an old discussion again here. Sure you would have enough horsepower, but will the non-live pto be something you can live with? (no pun intended) I know only enough to ask this question, not to answer it, having never owned a tractor without a live pto, but I gather that for certain applications it can be a great inconvenience.

/ Kubota #15  
Speaking only for myself, of course, I wouldn't have a tractor with non-live PTO, given a choice. The GST and other "shuttle-shift" tractors with hydraulic clutchpacks do offer a reasonably "live" PTO, though, because you can shift gears without using the manual clutch, and therefore without disengaging the PTO. But as for owning an old style manual gear transmission tractor without an independent PTO, forget it.

/ Kubota #17  
"ditto"

James

/ Kubota
So the L2900DT is the "old style"? (Not live PTO?) Does this mean that an implement such as a bushhog will stop turning when the clutch is disengaged?

/ Kubota #19  
To my knowledge, yes. But I'd be happy (for you) if someone who knows otherwise could say I'm wrong.

/ Kubota #20  
I also think so, but that is what dealers (good ones) are for. When I bought my 1700 the L2500 was exactly to the penny the same $, and I really wanted to buy the bigger machine. My dealer all but REFUSED to sell it to me, and thank god he did, because he did what any dealer should, which is not only answer my questions, but also bring up points I did not think to ask, like live vs non-live pto. He listened to what I needed, than advised me accordingly based on his knowledge and experience. My point is, find a dealer who is good at education, and you will find answers to all of your questions. It makes me shudder to think that a dealer was willing to sell you a machine without so much as adressing the issues of gear vs hydro, live vs non-live pto. Now maybe you have not even been to a dealer yet, in which case act dumb and see if they do bring up these issues. If not, if they just say "Yes we have one and it is $XXXX", find another dealer.