Kubota's Turf tires

/ Kubota's Turf tires #11  
Just Bought a New Kubota B2920 with Turf tires, it got delivered with Kenda's Turfs in the front and Goodyear turfs on the rear both with different treed's too! Not that its a big deal, but I figured a new tractor would come with matching tires, the dealer says thats how kubota's B series are coming out with, any input will be appreciated!!!

I've long been an advocate of turf tires for compact tractors....can't hardly believe it's been more than 30 years now! Anyway, three of my four machines have them, and the other one will too some day.

Apparently there are several options in turf tires for your tractor. I don't know the exact brands and differences, but agree that if it was important to you then the dealer should have explained it. A few hours of use on a tractor tire won't make any difference. If it was me, I'd ask to see what options you should have been shown and at the same time I'd ask what kind of cash it would take to swap....if you want to. But you may not. Read on and I'll say why....

What is really important in any 4wd is getting the ratio of the tire's rolling circumference correct to match the internal gear ratio in the transmission. That needs to be correct between the front and the back tires. If they need to go to different brands to accomplish that then so be it. You can check that by shifting between 2wd & 4wd.

Some tire thoughts:
1. If you are going to be in snow or mud, get some chains for your turf tires. Don't go aggressive; go to a modest or small size chain link but with lots of crossing bars. It doesn't take much of a chain to make a huge difference and the more crossing bars it has the longer it lasts and smoother it runs. My favorite chain is composed of small chain links with the crossing bars in an X patterns joined in the center. An good X pattern chain can run almost as smoothly as a tire.
2. Unless you are only doing mowing on golf putting greens then you don't want Galaxy (diamond tread) type of golf course tires. Those tend to be a taller, narrower type of turf tire with almost no traction at all. You lose the traction and don't gain the center of gravity advantage.
3. If you are doing a lot of work in the barnyard or on dirt then consider industrial tires. They are a good compromise between turf and Ag type tires. Wear like iron, too.

4. Final thought..... If what you have on your tractor is the option with standard low profile wide turfs I'd just run those tires. You aren't going to do much better than what you have right now. Unless you are not going to mow at all and need the industrial tires there just is not enough difference to be worth a change. A basic turf tire will last a couple of decades in normal use. And your back will thank you. At least you got away from the Ag tires.....in my opinion with a compact tractor you have already gained most of the tire advantage by simply using something other than Ag tread.
enjoy! rScotty

/ Kubota's Turf tires #12  
Subscribed.

/ Kubota's Turf tires #13  
Mixed brand tires on all tractors is very common. As was said, the manufacturers change brands depending on supply and pricing. The size is all that really matters.

/ Kubota's Turf tires #14  
Mixed brand tires on all tractors is very common. As was said, the manufacturers change brands depending on supply and pricing. The size is all that really matters.

I disagree. I bought a $24,000 tractor. My tires matched. If I purchase again, they will match or I will go elsewhere. Sorry, but I will not settle for excuses. This goes for cars, trucks, tractors, etc. Philip.

/ Kubota's Turf tires
I disagree. I bought a $24,000 tractor. My tires matched. If I purchase again, they will match or I will go elsewhere. Sorry, but I will not settle for excuses. This goes for cars, trucks, tractors, etc. Philip.

I agree with ya PHILIP8N, a 20k+ piece of equipment should at least come with matching tires, its just Kubota switching from Kenda to Goodyear and want to use up their stock, nothing I can do though, the dealer said there is no other tire option for the Kubota B series in Turfs............Poor decision on Kubota's part imo.

/ Kubota's Turf tires #16  
I agree with ya PHILIP8N, a 20k+ piece of equipment should at least come with matching tires, its just Kubota switching from Kenda to Goodyear and want to use up their stock, nothing I can do though, the dealer said there is no other tire option for the Kubota B series in Turfs............Poor decision on Kubota's part imo.

I have Titan 'the Grizz' on mine, and they all match! End users, dealers, and reps need to complain up the chain until they solve this situation. I feel for you. If you wanted to do some more research, check the Titan catalog, they have lots of sizes in there. Philip.

/ Kubota's Turf tires #17  
See if this helps any. Here are Titan's catalog pages for turfs. I have the Multi Trac tire, actually says 'the Grizz' on the side wall. My tires are marked in red. Good luck. Philip.

Attachments

• titan page1.pdf
    474.7 KB · Views: 163
  • titan page2.pdf
    566.3 KB · Views: 228
  • TIRES01.jpg
    TIRES01.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 1,194
  • TIRES03.jpg
    TIRES03.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 637
   / Kubota's Turf tires #18  
This goes for cars, trucks, tractors, etc.

On-road vehicles like cars & trucks are a completely different situation than tractors as far as tires go. On-road needs matching tires to maximize overall handling at speed.

Turf Tractor tires can get away without having matching treads, and in some situations, can even improve traction with slightly differing tread patterns between the 2 very different sized tires front & rear, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Tire availability has been a big issue for years, and a tractor manufacturer has to do what they can to keep machines rolling off the assembly line. I'm sure they'd get a lot more complaints if buyers had to wait months just to get "matching" turf tire brands.

/ Kubota's Turf tires #19  
On-road vehicles like cars & trucks are a completely different situation than tractors as far as tires go. On-road needs matching tires to maximize overall handling at speed.

Turf Tractor tires can get away without having matching treads, and in some situations, can even improve traction with slightly differing tread patterns between the 2 very different sized tires front & rear, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Tire availability has been a big issue for years, and a tractor manufacturer has to do what they can to keep machines rolling off the assembly line. I'm sure they'd get a lot more complaints if buyers had to wait months just to get "matching" turf tire brands.

Do the tires on your tractor match?

Every tractor I see at a show (farm machinery show in Louisville), or every tractor in their brochure, has matching tires. It is a big deal to them, and it is to me too when I hand out that much money. Kubota forcast their requirements to the tire manufacturers, it is not a last minute buy, better planning thru experience can take place. Philip.

/ Kubota's Turf tires #20  

I guess I don't see why it's important that the tires should match? But maybe I can learn something here. Is it just for looks or is there some other reason? Now if they were different tires on the same axle I'd agree. Heck, I might even agree if they were different colors front to back. Maybe I'm just not understanding the whole picture.....What is there about the tires that you want to match?

I'm thinking that front and rear tires have traditionally been different on most tractors. When I think of a tractor, the mental picture that springs up is of them having different tires on the front and rear. Could be that's because I'm an older guy and automatically think of tractors are work machines; not machines made with styling as the first consideration. And since they are working machines, and since the front and rear tires do different things at different gear ratios..... then why shouldn't they have different tread, size, shape and for that matter even different rubber compounds and construction?
rScotty