Dirt Moving Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...
Here is a better Photo.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_6940.jpg
    IMG_6940.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 160
   / Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #22  
After selling my last Kubota, (Kubzilla 1), over 2 years ago and moving to Alaska,

I've been through Wasilla, spent 2 weeks hiking in ANWR and a week in Denali. I think we stuffed our faces in some all you can eat place in Wasilla the day we left Anchorage and headed north. What beautiful country. I think if I lived there I'd just sit on that porch where you took the picture from and stare at the mountains all day.

I've been through Wasilla, spent 2 weeks hiking in ANWR and a week in Denali. I think we stuffed our faces in some all you can eat place in Wasilla the day we left Anchorage and headed north. What beautiful country. I think if I lived there I'd just sit on that porch where you took the picture from and stare at the mountains all day.

Thanks. It is beautiful here. It will be better tho after my lot has been cleared.:thumbsup:

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #24  
I've had my BX25 for a bit over a year and it came with the Kubota Factory skid plate to cover the fan. Look at yours to see if it has it and if you think it's adequate or if you think it needs more coverage.

I've had my BX25 for a bit over a year and it came with the Kubota Factory skid plate to cover the fan. Look at yours to see if it has it and if you think it's adequate or if you think it needs more coverage.

Well, what do you know??? Thanks for that, JohnThomas, I just checked, and it does indeed have a guard. It's not real Beefy, but it will certainly provide some level of protection until I get another. :thumbsup:

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #26  
Well, what do you know??? Thanks for that, JohnThomas, I just checked, and it does indeed have a guard. It's not real Beefy, but it will certainly provide some level of protection until I get another. :thumbsup:
I'm not sure beefy is the issue as much as being able to keep sticks from getting to the fan. I see you had a BX before which had no protection unless you added it. Did you use the BX2200 where you are now and doing the same jobs you'll be doing now and never had any problems with it? I had a BX2200 and never had any issues with it but I kept the MMM on it all the time, not a good thing but I just never took it off. I did have another B or L size tractor that I used more for FEL work though while I had the other BX's.

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #27  
Since you are working on frozen grounds with lots of timber laying around, I'd like to suggest two add ons for your BH. A thumb for picking up the timber and a root ripper to scratch through the frozen ground before digging with bucket.

I see you had a BX before which had no protection unless you added it. Did you use the BX2200 where you are now and doing the same jobs you'll be doing now and never had any problems with it? I had a BX2200 and never had any issues with it but I kept the MMM on it all the time, not a good thing but I just never took it off.

I sold my BX2200 before I moved. I did, however, use it in some pretty bushy areas without a problem, but like you, I had my MMM on quite a bit. Because everything is much more expensive here in Alaska, I decided to wait until I move back to the lower 48 in a couple of years to get very many accessories, including a mower. I am happy that Kubota decided to install fan covers on the new machines. I am also happy that they got away from plastic fenders...

Since you are working on frozen grounds with lots of timber laying around, I'd like to suggest two add ons for your BH. A thumb for picking up the timber and a root ripper to scratch through the frozen ground before digging with bucket.

I almost bought a thumb when I bought my machine, but I'm not sure how much good it would do. As you saw in the pic, I do have a lot of fairly large timber down that has to be moved, but it has to be moved a couple of hundred feet to the burn pile. If I could pick it up and "carry it" to the pile, it would be great, but I don't think that the BX would handle that. I've never used a thumb, so I have to plead some ignorance here:ashamed: As far as the root ripper for frozen ground, I've never heard of those, but I am very interested.:drool: I'm getting my googling fingers ready...Thanks