L 4330 50 hour service

/ L 4330 50 hour service #1  

teddydo

Silver Member
Tractor
4330 Kubota, 600 ford
I changed the engine oil /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and was not sure where to drain the transmission and lift oil /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. And where to put it back it at. I am not good at looking at the manual picks. Would someone please be nice enough to tell me where to drain and refill. Thanks in advance,,,,,,teddydo

/ L 4330 50 hour service #2  
I just finished the 50 hour service on my L3130 and the layout is the same.

I would be sure that I had 3, 5 gallon drain pans. I got the open top ones from Wal-Mart. The procedure I used was to loosen the hydraulic filter first. It will be on the left side under the operators platform. You will be able to drain about 5 gallons there. In the center of the transmission a little further back will be a large drain plug almost an inch across. Drain that next and you will get about 4 gallons. Last, at the inside bottom of the final drive to the rear axles will be a drain plug on each side, 14mm if I remember correctly. The filler plug is up behind the top link bracket. You will need a funnel with a long tube, about 18" long. The manual drawings are fairly clear so take a look at them.

Vernon