l or b

/ l or b #1  

Kitz

Silver Member
Tractor
IH 244
hi all can someone tell me the difference between a b series and a l series kubota thanks

/ l or b #2  
There are probably lots of differences I don't know about, but basically the L series is a bigger framed tractor. You can read about them both on Kubota's web site. Go to Kubota Tractor Corporation Web Site Look at products; tractors.

Are you getting ready to buy?

/ l or b #3  
Size, horsepower, and capabilities. What's you intended use, what type of land is it?

/ l or b
Thanks for the info Tim That site answered my questions thanks for all the replys have a good tractor day rick

/ l or b #6  
I don't think the L's are available with mid PTO, so you can't put a MMM (belly mower) on them. You would need to use a rear finish or rough cut mower. Both will otherwise use similar 3pt hitch equipment, although as you go to the larger L's, you can go to bigger equipment. Although some on this site like the RFM's, especially because they are easier to remove from the tractor, I like the MMM because I can work it around obstructions better and can remove it from my B in less than 5 minutes so I don't consider it to be that big of a deal.

I have a B2920. On the 3 acres we live on, it is bigger than I need and could easily do most anything I need to do with a BX. We own an additional 12 acres that is a mix of woods and pasture. I could easily mow it with a BX, but the B is better suited for the 6 acres or so that I mow there and can certainly work with some of the other things I do there like dragging downed trees to a burn pile and stacking them with the loader. There are times I would like to have the weight and greater strength of the loader of an L, but because I trailer it 30 miles, I feel the B is a good solution for me at this time.

The Kubota line is pretty confusing with what seems to be some overlap, but best to look at what you are planning to use the tractor for and then decide which is the best fit. Or buy one of each.

/ l or b #7  
You can add a mid mower to the "smaller" Grand L's, 3240 - 3940, with the dealer installed optional mid pto kit. The large frame L's 4240 - 5740 can not add one.

A lot depends on your tractor use. I owned a B3030 and upgraded to the Grand L3240. I use my tractor primarily for FEL work and the L is much better for that. If you are doing finish mowing the B3030 and below have a much lighter footprint on the lawn. The Grand L's are at least 1000 lbs heavier than the B's, longer and wider which makes them much less manuverable in tight areas but also more stable. Weight can also be a positive for ground engaging activities as the weight helps get the power to the ground.

/ l or b #8  
I also jumped from the B3030 to the grand l. The l models are big heavy machines, they have more bulk,power and they consume much more fuel. They are also more work to trailer from job to job. The 3030 is a fine machine, i wish i could have held onto it and run both but these rigs are not cheap!