L110 running rough

/ L110 running rough #1  

ChrisJD4320

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
Not sure if I should post for an L110 riding mower on here, but if anyone would know it's you guys.
My riding mower has been very noisy, like something is loose. I winterized it today so I thought I'd see what was up. I took off the mower deck and the noise continues. When I have the brake pushed in it quiets down. The sound also goes pretty much away when I'm accelerating. It seems to be only when I'm sitting still with the brake released. I looked at the drive belt and didn't see anything wrong. It sounds like the drive belt is too loose and it slops against other parts. Is there an adjustment for drive belt tension or do I need a new belt? Is there anything else I should check first? Thanks in advance for any help.

/ L110 running rough #2  
Are LT166 did the same thing and it was some bad drive belt pullelys and the belt bad and that was all it was.

minimax

/ L110 running rough
Thanks minimax. I took the deck off and I found the problem with the drive belt. It seems as though a stick got stuck in one of the PLASTIC(!!!!) pulleys under there. It jammed it up tight. I replaced the pulley with a new PLASTIC(!!!!) one and everything's alright. I still can't believe they put PLASTIC(!!!!) pulleys on an L110. I guess this is one of the ways JD saves money so they can sell cheap at Home Depot etc. I of course bought that unit before I knew anything about tractors and long before I found this site!