Oil & Fuel L245 oil sender replecement

/ L245 oil sender replecement #1  

pjsuburby

Tractor
Kubota L245
Does anyone have a thought on how to add an oil gauge instead of the idiot light that currently doesn't work on my L245? Tractor is old, runs great, starts perfectly, with front end loader and back box blade (sometimes BushHog).
Fantastic tractor. My IT shop manual has nothing about this. Anyone have a better manual I can buy for this info? Threading of the current gauge would be first question
I'm new here.
Thanks for any help.

/ L245 oil sender replecement #2  
I'm not familiar with that tractor but if you have an idiot light then there is an oil pressure switch somewhere on the engine. Just remove the switch...it should be threaded into an 1/8"NPT hole. Put in an oil pressure sender which is matched to a gauge and then you can mount the gauge however you want or use one of those gauge pods. Or you can use a mechanical gauge and run an oil line to the gauge. If you use an electrical gauge you will need switched 12V power to turn the gauge on or off and you can get that off the keyswitch or from the fuse panel.

/ L245 oil sender replecement
1/8" NPT sounds small. I'll see if that adapter came with the oil switch I picked up today.
Thanks for helping.

/ L245 oil sender replecement #4  
pjsuburby said:
1/8" NPT sounds small.

Actually, 1/8" NPT is pretty standard for oil pressure switches and senders. You can get them in 1/4" NPT but it's not as common. I'm not sure what Kubota uses.