L2600 beefy enough?

/ L2600 beefy enough? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a small farm on the coast of Maine and would like a tractor to move manure, dig post holes, harrow and some backhoe work (trenches, digging out stumps and rocks,etc.) and would like opinions as to whether an L2600 with AG tires, manual transmission, a Woods 1130 posthole digger, an LB400 loader and a Woods BH7500 backhoe with subframe will have the power to do all of these things and last for many years to come? Thanks!!

/ L2600 beefy enough?
One thing worth mentioning to you, which you may already know, is that the L2600 does not have live p.t.o. This may be one point for you to consider. I can't see it being a problem for you given the chores that you have listed, but it certainly comes in handy when doing other p.t.o. work (bush hogging). Another tractor to consider in this class would be the L3000, which has slightly more horsepower and a live p.t.o. The L2600, L3000, or John Deere 790 can often be bought new, for what one might pay for a premium used tractor ( with all the bells and whistles),and they are built with the same quality that people have come to expect. I like your choice on the backhoe, I think that the subframe mounted Woods 7500 outshines the Kubota 3 p.t. mounted hoe. If you or anyone in the northeastern U.S. are interested in a quote on a Kubota, and first class service to your door, feel free to email me or post on this board and i'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks and good luck!

/ L2600 beefy enough?
I've had my new L2600 for about three weeks now and can't say anything bad about it. I have roughly 30 acres and so far have shredded pulling a 60" brushhog, pushed out stumps (mostly about 8" diameter - cedar and oaks), backbladed my drive way, and box bladed a pasture. No problems. I did notice that the back blade tends to 'bounce' some on this tractor but I cured that by adding some weight to it. I have been using a Ford 2N and TO-20 Fergie and I can use them in places where I HAVE to use 4wd on the Kubota. Since I have never used anything other than a stick shift I don't notice the need for it. When using the front loader I can see where it might be convenient not to have to shift - but not enough to make me spend anymore money. The L2600 will do anything I need it to do - and the price was right. All of my old implements fit with no problem. It seems to have sufficient power if you don't push it (but remember I'm used to those OLD tractors). Two improvements I did make immediately: I put a work light on the back fender (big improvement) and I also installed a 'bicycle dune flag' on the front at the level of the roll bar. If the flag hits a branch I know the roll bar will too and have time to stop!