L2800 3pt lift shudder fixed. Need some help

/ L2800 3pt lift shudder fixed. Need some help #1  

MDM

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800HST
I just got my 2800 back from getting the lift valve replaced. It made a world of difference. However, when I raise the 3pt hitch all the way up, it wants to bog the engine. I think the system is going into relief. I don't think they adjusted the feed back rod on the left lift arm.

Do I need to tighten the nut on the feed back arm or back it out to get the lift to stop raising sooner? I need the lift to stop sooner so it doesn't go into relief.

I also will have to get some Kubota gray touch up because they didn't paint over the white sealant they used when they put the thing back together. No big deal.

Thanks guys.

/ L2800 3pt lift shudder fixed. Need some help #2  
I found this from an older post from another TBN member.

Re: L2800 lift shudders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjusting Hieght

1. Remove implements from 3ph
2. Park tractor on level ground, set brakes, lower 3ph down, and turn engine off.
3. Lift 3ph up by hand as far as it will go and draw a reference mark on lift cover and lift arms. The mark should be made right where the arms come out of the lift cover.
4. Start tractor and raise 3ph up using control vavle. Check distance between this hieght and the hieght in step 3. Your max hieght should be about 3/16" -1/4" below the mark in step 3. If it is any higher the control vavle may not shut off and open the relief valve.
5. If arms raise to high or low, adjust feed back rod. This is the rod connected to the left lift arm. Make it longer to raise and shorter to lower max hieght. FOR SAFETY make sure to adjust it with the engine off. I had to adjust the rod almost as long as it would go on the 2 I have done.

Basically you are trying to get the feed back rod to shut the control vavle off just before the cylinder gets to the end of its stroke.

Good luck its easier than it sounds.

J.D.